“Good picada de Mariscos ”
Review of Chichilo

Chichilo
Ranked #143 of 709 Restaurants in Mar del Plata
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Un clasico de la ciudad de Mar del Plata para degustar pescados y mariscos hace mas de 60 años. Los esperamos en el LOCAL 17 del Centro Comercial del Puerto.
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We went there on Xmas day for lunch when a lot of restaurants were closed. We had the picado de mariscos, a salad and a large beer. I thought it was excellent, fresh tasty seafood and friendly service. Value for money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 300)

1 - 5 of 1 300 reviews

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I went there on Wednesday midday when several restaurants are closed. It has a floor with waiters and upstairs you have self service. I went for the serviced sector. We asked for paella and we left almost the whole plate. Most likely the worst one I have in my life. Staff was kind but the food was so bad that really we only had the fried rabas (so so) and the bread and butter. Not much more I can say.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Fish and seafood are really good, but their frying comes out a bit too oily.
When they tell you portions are enough to be shared they are not kidding, they´re really abundant!!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for good seafood this is not the place to go, there are better options around the area, it's quite expensive and the food it's not worth it's price.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

My first impression when entering Chichilo in Mar del Plata harbour was like if I was visiting a British fish and chips restaurant.
The main difference is that Chichilo's menu has more variety with all kind of seafood, pasta dishes and desserts too.

Considering the size of the portions I think prices were realistic. My "Cazuela de mariscos" was not only delicious but so large that we had enough left to take home in a doggy bag.
It's not a Michelin restaurant but it is still very charming: a place to visit with friends and families with children