Reviews (2 052)
2 052 results
1 133
1 133
All reviews puerto madero white bar red restaurant modern area great hotel port area business hotel business trip walking distance comfortable hotel top floor breakfast buffet is hotel is located junior suite small balcony room was spacious the wi fi
12 - 17 of 2 052 reviews
Reviewed 22 October 2018

1.) Staff were excellent and always willing to help.
2.) I do not speak Spanish, they were happy speaking in English and I could get by.
3.) Bellboys and maids were very helpful and sweet, always willing to help.
4.) In my opinion staff went "above and beyond", perhaps that is normal in BA / Argentina, but to me the service was excellent. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble.

We stayed 12/10 until 16/10 and then again 19/10 to 21/10. We were given an upgrade which was very generous of the staff to do (we did stay at a Sofitel in Montevideo, so am not sure if it was because of that as apparently the Madero is owned by Sofitel).

I would highly recommend people stay there as
* Service is excellent - I wish staff in New Zealand could learn from them. Staff there go above and beyond BUT in Argentina (not necessarily Madero) they are also honest and tell you how it is which I think is good because it stops people abusing the mantra of "customer is always right".
* Hotel is located in a Safe and vibrant environment down by the port. We heard/picked up that the "old town" was not the safest (in my opinion it seemed fine and I would stay there though). It is close to restaurants and is walking distance to the casa rosada, the opera etc .

Hotel is gay friendly in the sense that no one cares. That's what we liked, they didn't treat us "better" because of our sexuality or made us uncomfortable - basically, no one cared. I would go back there for that in itself.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jase77
HotelMadero, Guest Services Manager at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Mr Jase77,

Thank you for sharing your amazing comments about your experience at Hotel Madero.
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed the Hotel , Staff service and Location. We will share your congratulations with the Madero Team. We are proud to know about your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
The Madero Team remain at your disposal for anything you may need.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

There are a few things in this hotel that don't belong to a five stars (and sometimes not even a 4):
- I had the reboot my wifi with my guest name and room number every morning which was a real issue because I had my Nest security cameras on in Europe and it went down every day in the middle of the night.
- The espresso at the breakfast buffet is bad. If you want a real one, you must order it from the bar (Illy) and it is charged to you by the seldom smiling barman.
- The bathroom amenities are all made in thick plastic bottles and instead of your usual shampoo + shower gel + conditionner as if there was not enough to pollute a shampoo-conditioner bottle is added (go figure). None of them shows the origin of the products so by fear it was China we did not use them.
- The laundry service is bad. We had some unpleasant smells when we sent it.
- In two many occasions we found ourselves struggling with staff who really could not understand and speak English
- A beard nest which was being made by beautiful birds and which everyone looked at every morning during breakfast on the patio and which was not disturbing anything and anyone but only bringing life and enjoyment was destroyed one day, which broke everyone's heart.
Next to his, you have some real positives:
- if you raise an issue, it is taken care of rather quickly and well
- Some of the staff is exceptional, over performing:
1) Sebastian the concierge, is nothing less than a Saint. He saved our customer experience. He should be managing the whole place. Impeccable English and manners, hands on, reliable, knowledgable and pragmatic.
2) Soledad at the restaurant is the most delightful person serving I have seen in a long time. She brings the sun with the dishes.
3) Marina at the gym who is always pleasant, positive and will give you the enthusiasm you need to train every day.
- The gym and the pools are fantastic. Great views, the pool is very warm and clean and the gym has everything you need to really train. A lot of professional sports men go there and there is a good reason for it. Just impeccable.
- Breakfast is on everyday until 10:30 and 11:00 during the week-ends which is great.
- The view from the hotel towards the harbor are great, make sure your room face there.
- The location of the hotel is excellent: a pharmacy next door, a hairdresser, and a ton of restaurants and a couple of good grocery stores.
- The room service is excellent. They can tailor make what you want and the food was always very good.
- There is a good level of security. You feel safe in the hotel at all times.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelMadero, Guest Services Manager at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Mr CDFBologna,

We appreciate your valuable feedback about your Madero Experience .
Your comments are very important to continue improving our service and quality every day.
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our facilities, concierge service, Spa and Rëd Resto Service.
We will share your congratulations with Sebastian, Soledad and Marina.
We regret the inconveniences regarding the wi fi, laundry service, breakfast coffee and room´s amenities . We are working hard
to provide our guests with the best service.
We hope to welcoming you soon and reverse your experience regarding the mentioned items.

I am at your disposal to coordinate your next stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Great hotel! Well positioned along the river. Walking distance to the top restaurants of Puerto Madero and to downtown (Casa Rosada, Plaza de Mayo, Café Tortone...)
The rooms are big and the ammenities are great (swimming pool, fitness center and the bar in the rooftop).
The breakfast is pretty good with a variety of food and breads.
Although I prefer staying in Palermo, this is a good option for tourism and great for business.

Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelMadero, Guest Services Manager at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Mr FZaluski,

Thank you for your amazing review.
We are proud to know that we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the Hotel, location, Spa and rooms.
We hope to welcoming soon!
Madero Team is at your disposal.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

The first thing that impressed us about the hotel, was the friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. From the moment we arrived until we left, the staff were always great. The room was pleasant and well appointed, just a pity it looked out to the back and into the other rooms. The restaurant, lounge and reception areas were good. Breakfast offered a good selection.
The only negative was that they tell you at reception that water is not suitable to drink, they provided 2 bottles complimentary water in the room when we arrived and nothing for the remaining 3 days we were there. We had to buy water for the rest of the stay. When tap water is not suitable, hotels must provide drinkable water for free, not sell it at inflated prices.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Ray C,

Thank you for sharing your Madero Experience at the website. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the Hotel ,gastronomy and service.
We regret did not meet the expectations about the water. Unfortunately water is not suitable to drink in the city.
Your comments are very important to improve our service.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
I remain at your disposal to coordinate your next stay at the Hotel Madero.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Madero for a business trip recently, and it provided me w/ everything I needed to unwind after long days. Great location, walking distance near many restaurant choices, and even the onsite Red restaurant was very good. The staff spoke perfect English, which was very helpful for me, and were very accomodating to my every need during my stay. The pool was great, and I enjoyed the outdoor hot tub as well. Next time I return to Buenos Aires for a vacation I plan on bringing my family and will definitely stay there again (hopefully the road constructions would be done by then ).

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelMadero, Guest Services Manager at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Mr Jaka H,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Madero and sharing your experience at the Website.
We are proud to know that you have enjoyed a wonderful stay with us.
We will share your feedback with all the staff!
We look forward to welcoming you and your family soon.