“Disappointing - Indian food spiced for Argentinian palates”
Review of Delhi Masala

Delhi Masala
Ranked #741 of 6 389 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Telmo
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I came upon this restaurant by chance - and craving some spice after a few days in a country known for its hostility to spices, I decided to give it a try.

The atmosphere was a bit shabby, but I hoped that this would be made up for with some well-spiced food. I was disappointed. The samosas had less spice than Cornish Pasties. Their pastry was perfect, but the filling had no flavor - not even a pronounced potato flavor. It was served with plain yogurt and a sauce that tasted like ketchup with a bit of water and a hint of spice. The lamb roganjosh also disappointed. The meat itself was of excellent quality - but the sauce was a glorified tomato sauce. Fortunately, I had ordered it spicy, so it came with at least a hint of spice (but still would have been called mild in many other countries).

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A good price / quality restaurant with good service, although in my opinion the curry plates we ordered didn't have that authentic curry taste. I recommend to order the spicy sauce seperately to spice your meal.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Another place I have been to a few times . Tough the food is not bad, but overrated if you eat from the menu. The better deal are the menus.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped over on a Sunday hoping to grab something nice for lunch but it was not worth it after all. The flavor of both dishes we ordered (a dish with chicken and another with lentils) was really flat, same goes for the garlic naan.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

My wife and I tried this the other night. To start the atmosphere is rather strange. They think that by hanging some indian looking cloth on the walls it makes the place feel Indian.....It does not. Also they were playing some sort of Indian techno music which did our heads in!
The food itself was actually pretty good. We had the chicken tikka masala with rice and garlic nan and i couldn't complain. Not the best but like i said pretty good. Will get home delivery next time lol

1  Thank absolutrossk