“Excellent local food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Retiro
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

If you are a tourist, you probably will not notice this little restaurant with shabby interior, but you should definitely have a dinner here if you stay nearby. You cannot ignore the fact, that locals are queueing up to get a table there on any weekday after 9pm. So come earlier!
Tables, walls, decoration - definitely are not the reasons to visit Norte. The food is. Especially meat.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 January 2018

If you want to know what it's like to eat at someones home in Argentina, this is the place.
Fabulous Argentinian comfort food staples prepared with care and generous portions. As is the case with Argentinian food, it has it's rooted mainly in Europe, mostly ( but not limited to ) Spain and Italy. This restaurant has clear Spanish roots and are overt fans of " San Lorenzo", a soccer team typically associated with the Spaniard immigrants ( Boca Jrs with Italians, although these associations are really old school and not as current ). Next door, you'll find " El Cuartito" one of the Best Pizzerias in Buenos Aires, but I am ASHAMED to say I never ate there because I am soooo magnetically attracted back into "Norte" ( plus I have another super favorite pizzeria in BS AS I go to when craving Pizza, see my reviews)
THIS PLACE IS A SURE THING!! Will NEVER disappoint! Enjoy!! I live abroad and can't go every day, so sad about this!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I was part of a group looking for a late night meal and we were accommodated upstairs at Norte. I decided on the steak with mushrooms and potatoes and gave the order to the waiter. After everyone else's food came, he asked what I ordered and told him and he said he would put it in. Great! I was willing to wait a few extra minutes since we were all enjoying a nice social meal. My entree finally arrived and looked good. However, when I cut into the steak, it wasn't rare, NO. IT WAS PURPLE AND RAW!!! I sent it back and asked me not to bring it back. I was very disappointed with Norte, to say the least.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I found the place through TripAdvisor and had a very good experience. The place was packed for lunch but I managed to get a table for myself sharing with other people on the other end. Although it was so full the waiter gave an excellent service, quick and helpful with the menu. Food was very good. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017

It is a simple restaurant, frequented mostly by locals, serving excellent Argentinian food. It is a typical restaurant, not fancy at all and off the beaten tourist track. The menu includes many choices but almost all are meat-based. We tried an appetizer (whose name I forgot) and two different choices of "parrillada". Everything was very tasty and the meat was of very good quality. The portions are huge. Reasonable price for Argentinian standards. Excellent value for money. I recommend.

Date of visit: May 2017