“Poor and slow service topped off with Mediocre Pizza”
Review of Babieca

Babieca
Ranked #450 of 6 297 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I am not sure what the restaurant may look like, but their deliver service is extremely poor. After being told the pizza I ordered would arrive in 40 minutes, one and a half hours later, I finally got my pizza delivered (at the Hotel Holiday Inn Express - Puerto Madero). The pizza arrived cold. Fortunately the hotel had a mini oven. Sadly the pizza was horrible! I have had pizza many times in Buenos Aires, and pizza is good in this country. However the pizza from this establishment is not good at all. NASTY tasting pizza. I would not recommend their pizza!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I went to this restaurant at around midnight on a Saturday and found that it was packed. This made me think that it would probably be quite good - but I was terribly disappointed.

The service was extremely slow. It took about half an hour for the waiter even to show up at my table - he showed up just as I was about to give up. In hindsight, I wish that I had given up, for the service did not improve. I gave the order right away, having read the menu posted on the wall. It took some time for my pizza to arrive, but this time the delay was still acceptable. Then came the ordeal of getting the bill. The waiter came outside, where I was sitting, in rather irregular intervals and I simply could not get his attention so that I could pay the bill. Finally, I got up and went indoors to the cash register to pay. They wanted me to wait for the waiter, but took my money when I told them that they could take the payment from me there or I would simply leave.

The pizza was not to my taste, but I could imagine some people liking it. It was quite heavy on the cheese and had almost no tomato sauce. The crust was thick and crunchy, a bit like my grandmother might have made it at her home. It definitely lacked the touch of a skilled pizza maker. I ordered the Pizza Provençale, which meant that it was topped with mushrooms, parsley and garlic. The mushrooms were either from a tin or cooked in such a way that they retained as much flavor as tinned mushrooms. Only the garlic and parsley gave the pizza enough flavor to make it at last edible. I can still smell the garlic on the t-shirt I was wearing when I ate this!

The location is excellent, so this restaurant has promise, but I shall not be going back.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Ate here twice. Excellent pizza. Good choices for vegetarians. Very good wait staff. Prices were reasonable. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

A friend of ours who lives in BA and is a regular at this establishment brought us to Babieca for dinner one night during our visit. The restaurant is everything you would expect for a place that one would visit on a once a week basis: friendly, good food and not too expensive. I understand the place is a bit of an icon in the neighbourhood with a strong local following including a number of BA celebs (one was dining there the night we visited).

The pasta, in particular the ravioli with Bolognese sauce was excellent, the lasagna was pretty good but didn't knock my socks off. The wines were reasonably priced. The best part was the waiters and staff were very friendly and it felt more like we were having dinner at an old friend's house rather than a restaurant on our first visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Slightly overpriced in my opinion. The food is good, service could be a bit better in time and friendliness. We ordered meats. the were OK- not extraordinary. from the local crowd, it seems the forte is on the pizza and pasta side of the spectrum.