“Gastronomical experience”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Nicolás
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Restaurant Akira in the area of Nunez of Buenos Aires. I love sushi and have eaten it in different parts of the world. This was the first time we were presented by a Sushi fusion cuisine and the experience was extraordinary. Delicate and careful presentation. A mixture of flavors and textures that we thought was out of this world.
As a courtesy of the restaurant we got as an appetizer, ceviche and a fresh sorbet of strawberry. We ordered a tabla Salmon with 25 pieces letting you select the sushi you want to try. This allows you to be on the safe side with some traditional sushi's and be daring enough to try new combinations like salmon, guacamole and lemon zest or tempura of spring onions, tartar of salmon and salmon flambé, or salmon with cream cheese mango and maracuya honey. This delight we combined with an excellent Chardonnay. The best ever sushi

Reviewed 7 July 2015

I had made a reservation at Akira several hours in advance, and upon my arrival, I was told our table was almost ready. Instead of having us stand in the entryway, they led us to the bar where they gave us each a free drink as well as a complimentary sushi appetizer. After being seated, the owner came around to make sure we were comfortable, etc., and my friend (who had been there before) was telling him about a roll he had tried here previously and loved. The owner without hesitation treated us to this roll with no charge.
I ordered the vegetarian roll, which did not disappoint; the food was delicious and we felt like the staff was really trying to give us the best experience possible. I can't wait to go back!

Abby
Say Hueque Argentina Adventures

Reviewed 5 July 2015

As usual I am a stickler for the real thing. Fusion is not my thing. Average, like so many socalled japanese restaurants in Buenos Aires. I have written a review on Yuki, where the food is authentic.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

We love sushi. And we love fusion cuisine. We went to this restaurant. Excellent service, minimal waiting time, but food hasd a strong taste of cheese, not cheesy. Good section of wines.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Everything worked. I celebrated my birthday, and to start with I was received by Matías Chaufan, the maitre´d. Food was excellent in quality (and quantity), accompanied by a bottle of the world renown Argentine malbec wine. We area planning to return!