“Classic & delicious food”
Review of La Puerto Rico

La Puerto Rico
Ranked #32 of 275 Coffee & Tea in Buenos Aires
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch in this charming cafe. The ricotta, spinach, & pumpkin torts was delicious. We had on of the best cheese omelette ever and a very good latte. The croissants were a little heavier than typical & very tasty.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We popped into this café for lunch to escape the spring rain. We were enchanted by the decor which looks like it hasn't changed for many decades. There were a lot of locals eating which is always a good sign.

The food was quite basic but welcome after a long walk in the morning.

It looked like a good place for a morning coffee as we saw a big selection of cakes and tarts on display.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

A friend of mine who lives in Puerto Rico sent me a link for this restaurant and today I was downtown and decided to go there. Let me tell I was not disappointed, the place is amazing. The atmosphere is friendly and upbeat, the wait staff is friendly and attentive. I had the Pollo Deshuesado which is a boneless chicken dish. The sauce was excellent and the chicken was tender. I would recommend this place to all, you have to go visit this place, it has been there since 1887, so I think they are doing something right. I might also add that they sell roasted coffee beans
from Puerto Rico by the bag which are priced very good, so I took a few bags home with me.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is a Buenos Aires classic, very old school and traditional in every way. They serve mostly the "standard menu" of Buenos Aires. The food is good, the coffee and pastries are excellent, and the service is very good. Definitely don't miss it if in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

It is one of the oldest cafe in Buenos Aires, founded in 1887.

The décor & the atmosphere are very nice, relaxing and inspiring. The clients are almost exclusively locals (I did not spot any tourist) of all ages. It is a place were the locals meet for a chat and a coffee, enjoying the conversation. There also local workers that come for lunch.

The coffee is excellent and the food is fine (but nothing special).

It is located a few steps from Plaza de Mayo and it is excellent for making a break while visiting the centre of Buenos Aires.