“So so...”

Ranked #3 898 of 6 297 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

If you are visiting Bookstore El Ateneo Grand Splendid you might give Impresso Cafe a try...
The service was OK, the coffee acceptable and the best was the natural orange juice, the rest was just average...

1  Thank adrianlmarano

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This restaurant is a clear example of a place packed with contradictions.
Ateneo Library is a magnificent place, one of the most astonishing libraries I have ever seen worldwide. This is a great opportunity for exploiting all of the people gathered there. Nevertheless, Impresso Café is a shameful place. The worst service you will have in the entire Argentina (and I want to highlight that service in the country is not up to international standards). First of all, there is no order from the employees to distribute the clients into the tables. Is a sort of “fight for your table” way of thinking. Second, waiters depict a feeling of “I hate my work and I’ll do the least effort”. Third, food is decent, but adjusted by the prices you will end up with a “no value for your money”.

1  Thank alexps81
Reviewed 2 February 2018

The bookstore is amazing, so the location is really pretty. The cafe is located in the stage of an old theater, so it is cool to look around and see the remainings of it. You can see the curtains and all the weights and cables necessary to manage the productions. But beauty apart, this is a cafe and it needs to be evaluated for its food, service, and price. The service was bad, the coffe was great, and I really disliked the food. I tried to have a full meal there, I was really hungry and was not done with my visit to the library, so I decided to give it a try. I ordered ravioles and they were so bad I could not finish them. I mean, it's pasta, the most loved food, how can you make a pasta that tastes bad? It has always been my "safe choice". Anyways, maybe there was something wrong with mine and I just got unlucky (maybe not). I recommend it for a quick coffee and small snacks, but not for a meal.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We stopped here for a light lunch after visiting and photographing the bookstore. Service was efficient and friendly. Prices were higher than average but about what we expected for the setting. The menu had more variety than most other cafes. The cafe itself is average but when combined with the beautiful setting of El Ateneo, it is exceptional. I would not go out of my way to eat at this cafe but if you are in the area, combine it with a visit to the bookstore.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We stopped for lunch during our visit of the El Ateneo bookstore. Food was OK but we were very disappointed by the service: very very slow to place order, to get the ordered meal, to get water and the check; unfriendly waitress overall. Not a nice experience

1  Thank stism