Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$106
Hotels.comUS$106
eDreamsUS$106
Orbitz.comUS$106
CheapTicketsUS$106
TravelocityUS$106
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2019

Well we arrived en-mass - 52 of us. The hotel was well prepared for us having already allocated rooms and the required paperwork. this was in the lounge next to the reception. Welcome drinks also provided.The reception area is nicely compact and relaxing. he staff are friendly and were helpful. I had room 122. This is a ground floor room.
The room is well appointed with everything that you could need, good bed, nice sized table etc. The only problem that I had was that I could not get the room ward as the air con unit was blowing all its air onto the top of the wardrobe. A decent TV with a moderate selection of channels (at least I got to watch the cricket). A kettle and tea/coffee making stuff also there.The bathroom is also well appointed with good toiletries provided.There is a small outside area although walled in. Good for having a smoke. The bar area was OK and drinks were of a reasonable price. The restaurant is bright and airy and the food was very good. All in all a good 2 night stay.

Room tip: all rooms equal
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank countessfoxylady
Protea Hotel C, Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2019

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Kindest Regards
Salome Horn
Operations Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2019

Small ambience of stay and service in a small town. The hotel is centrally located and a walking distance to all the areas I had to visit. The stay was made easier also with additional services like ,email, scanning and printing within the hotel. The vine was truly a western Cape experience. Dinning was to my requirements and could accommodate additional requests without hassle.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ramabelemn
Protea Hotel C, Front Office Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2019

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to Protea Hotel by Marriott Cumberland Worcester whenever your travels brings you back to Worcester.

Kind Regards
Riaan

Reviewed 24 February 2019

I chose this hotel as a surprise for my wife to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary which was on the 24th February jointly with my birthday 26th February , expecting at least the quality of Protea hotels but to my dismay, it was my worst nightmare ever. I booked on line a few weeks in advance and also called in and spoke to Bernadine about our occasion and expectancy. I requested a nice room with at least a view but was offered a room with a jacuzzi which appealed to me as a good surprise to the wife. When we arrived at reception, a musty smell greeted us as we entered. We went ahead with the booking and discovered that the room with the "jacuzzi" was booked out the previous night and was offered a room with a "patio". I objected to the change of room as it was confirmed by Bernadine. To my surprise, the receptionist inquired by the cleaning lady if there were any good rooms available to which she answered that the "jacuzzi" room was vacant but still needed to be cleaned, and the time was approximately 15H00. The receptionist was not aware of this. We decided to wait for the room and left for the Worcestor mall to pass the time. We were called to say that the room was available. When we arrived at the hotel, we carried all our bags to the room, no porter available, but when we got to the room, the "jacuzzi" was a normal bath for one person with jacuzzi jets in it and not a jacuzzi we expected to lounge in. The worst part was the strong musty smell in the room, which had no windows and was dingy. We approached the reception who then offered us the room with the "patio". This room was even worse, beside the strong musty smell, the room was cramped with a patio door leading to a tiny lane, approximately a meter in width with a small table and two chairs with walls all around it, absolutely no view. This was the worst and I immediately cancelled my booking. The receptionist was not helpful in assisting with the cancellation and told us to cancel on line. She gave me a username and password to use the PC opposite reception which I was unable to access on line. I wasted 250km from Oostersee, Parow including toll fees to and from Worcestor and my plans for a celebration was shattered. No excuse or apology can ever fix what we went through as a 40th wedding anniversary happens once in a lifetime. I am so disgusted with Protea Hotels and will be taking this matter further. It seems like Prokard members are given the worst deals for accommodation. To crown it all, there was no manager on site with which to discuss my dilemma.

Room tip: Don't ever book this hotel, you will be sorry and disappointed
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2019

Good business hotel with nice facilities apart from antiquated WiFi system which requires codes and passwords for each appliance. These should last 24 hours but don't. Every time the appliance logs off you have to go through the whole rigmarole again. In two days I must have had to log in at least 20 times and had to use at least 6 different codes/passwords even though I was only sending and receiving emails. Free WiFi is available all over the place now and should be introduced here

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Blcheshire
Protea Hotel C, Operations Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2019

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. It is through your honest feedback that we can improve.
We are in the process of looking at the wi-fi service provider and hope that you will have a better experience regarding this issue whenever your travels brings you back to our hotel.
Kindest Regards
Salome Horn

Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

Situated in the middle of town. Guest parking available inside. This older hotel has been upgraded to protea standards. Staff are most helpful. Food in the restsurant is excellent and reasonably priced.Good value for a family or business stop over. Recommended.

Date of stay: December 2018