Golden Valley Lodge
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Beckhuis B&B(Worcester)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplace to stayone night staycasinoluggagegamblingvalleyaccommodation
Reviewed 23 March 2017

So I've just returned from a getaway to the countryside, and we decided to stay at the Sun International Golden Valley Lodge & Casino. The accommodation was fairly decent, however many things relating to the operating of the lodge left me a bit perturbed.
The rooms are fairly standard, but very dated. The tv's were probably delivered on Noah's Ark, but other than this, bang for buck, this is pretty much what I'd expect from a 3Star lodge.
The mornings are quite crisp in the valley, and a perfect time to have your breakfast on the pool terrace while watching the Sun rise, however I was told this was not allowed...but they do not know why. So I was left to dine in the drear, almost sterile and cold dining hall. It felt a bit like being in a middle school hostel.
The breakfast was okay, the ratio of fresh fruit to cooked or canned fruit also left me a bit baffled. I'm pretty sure more people enjoy fresh fruit? I requested a soft poached egg from the kitchen, instead I received a hard boil egg, perfectly shaped and all. So needless to say, they have some work to do in that department.
Staff was always friendly and ready to help. Bar amenities were extremely limited, not a big variety to choose from.
the pool area was always clean and well taken care of, and visible security gave me a sense of safety.
The Casino has that typical small town casino feel, which is right up my alley. Staff once again were always welcoming and friendly, and very knowledgeable.
Overall the stay was pleasant, but I'm a sucker for the details, and consistency is what separates the good hotels from the mediocre. Sun International has some work to do here, but they also have many things to celebrate.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2017

On making use of a recent invite from Sun International I stayed over at The Golden Valley Lodge in Worcester. It was extremely hot when we arrived a hour before the time.
As we just wanted to book our luggage in and go for something cold to drink the lady at reception offered us a room that was ready which we gladly accepted.
The room was such a pleasant surprise. Lovely and cool the air-con was just right and the soft shade of green that was used in the interior decoration really complimented the room.The bath room !!!!!! Well what a pleasure.There was very clever notice that would make any ignorant guest think. Your choice if you want clean towels on a daily basis but there is a water shortish in our country.
Then I must compliment everybody involved at breakfast in the lovely dining room. The food was so well prepared and the service excellent.
But then I must compliment the manager with such well trained staff it was really a pleasure dealing with one and all.

And then the very friendly man that transported us from the lodge to the Casino
Most enjoyable,
I can definitely recommend the Golden Valley Lodge to any person who wants value for their money.
The Restaurants in the casino has got a good menu and certainly leaves you with enough money to enjoy a bid of gambling

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet and easy excess-able
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2016

The Golden Valley seems a slightly bit misplaced, but come to think of it in a relatively interesting setting with different valleys of sights before your feet. One night stay with friends here. Dinner we had somewhere else that night. Rooms spacious with patios. Beds are comfy. No real perks, nothing to fault.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Room was good. Food was good. Staff were professional and polite.

Only downside was that I forgot my black k-way jacket on the back of my chair in the breakfast room. When I called the next day to see if it was handed in Lost & Found said nothing had been handed to them.

If my jacket had been handed in I would have rated 4 stars

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

One night. Room on the ground floor with direct access to the pool. Beautiful green oasis in the middle of the dry countryside. Room is ok. Room service food quality needs improvement. Luke warm meat dishes drowning in sauce. Reception staff well trained and very helpful.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family