very good boutique hotel in a quiet neighbourhood. Always friendly staff and very good service. Restaurant has good quality but only little choice. Small but very good wine list. Rook neighbours can sometimes be noisyMore
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
very good boutique hotel in a quiet neighbourhood. Always friendly staff and very good service. Restaurant has good quality but only little choice. Small but very good wine list. Rook neighbours can sometimes be noisyMoreShow less
Thank you very much for your review about Majeka House.
We have made a note about your comments on the menu choices and the kitchen is working on more options.
Hoping to welcome you back again soon.
All staff were wonderful, we couldn't fault anything about our stay. The room was large beautiful and quiet and breakfasts were excellent. We didn't have dinner in the restaurant, we took taxis to town each evening.
Dear Anne M,
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment about your stay at Majeka House.
We hope to welcome you back and have you dine at Makaron the next time!
Majeka house is a GEM; from the whimsical design aesthetic of the lobby and bar, to the attentive and interesting staff. The spa services are great and affordable and the book selection in the bar was a lovely treat. The room was immaculately appointed. A shame about the drought though - as I couldn't use the bathtub, which had a view into the room.
Thank you so much for leaving us such a positive review about your stay with us.
The entire team is delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and services and hope that we will be able to welcome you back as soon as the drought is over so you can enjoy a bath with a view!
Beautiful property and a nice welcome but it quickly went down in our estimation - some good points as follows:
* Floyd was courteous and charming at all times - a lovely man
* The girls in the dining room were so pleasant and gave good service
* Very nice gardens and pool area
* Very trendy no attractive furniture all over the hotel
* Our room was a good size with all the amenities you would expect
* The breakfast was excellent - lots of choice and great coffee
- The wifi was terrible - slow and unobtainable at times. Every time you left an area you had to log in again. When we complained, we were told that that was due to the fact that they didn't want too much data being used when you were not actually on your device? Another excuse on departure was that it was like that in South Africa!
- The hotel public pathways and doorways to rooms and general outside maintenance was in need of attention.
- The paper was coming way from the ceiling in our room
- The seal on the bottom of the shower door was coming away and when I told them at reception, it had been removed totally when I next went to my room - consequently when we showered, water spelled onto the bathroom floor.
- The toilet brush was really dirty and should be thrown away
- We had to carry our own suitcases up to our room on arrival - no offer for them to be taken up - unbelievable! We could have asked but it was supposed to be a 5 star hotel and you should not have to ask!
- For anyone who wants transport to stellenbosch, get the hotel to phone for a taxi - although when we ordered our taxi, we were provided with a private hire car as according to Wonder, there were no taxis in stellenbosch! If you google, you will see that there are. We had to pay Rand 150 for one way in - what a rip off. We got an Uber cab home at a cost of Rand 57!!
- We ate in the restaurant the first night and it was so bright in there and felt like a canteen - no atmosphere. The food was okay but I felt it was overly pretentious and my husband had a very bad stomach upset overnight and the only thing he ate differently to me for the previous 24 hours was the Springbok, so had to put it down to that!
-When we checked out we paid by cash and had to remind the girl on reception to give us our change!
Overall, we feel that it is definitely style over substance and the vibe we had whilst staying for three nights was not good.
Dear Lizzie P,
Thank you very much for your review.
We have made note of all your comments and will make sure that our team is informed of the fault that you found whilst staying with us.
Majeka is a truly exceptional establishment with incredibly friendly staff memebers and exceptional service. I highly recommend the establishment whether for business or for pleasure. I look forward to revisiting Majeka on my next stay in Stellenbosch.
Thank you very much for leaving us such a positive review about your experience at Majeka House.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and particularly our team's service delivery.
We look forward to welcoming you back in Stellenbosch soon!
Stayed for 2 nights and it was so relaxing and peaceful! The staff was really awesome, we wanted to go on a vineyard tour at the last minute and they made some calls to make it happen for us. The grounds were beautifully manintained. We took a walk one morning, around the neighborhood and came across the Vriesenhof vineyard. Don't think twice, book your stay with the Majeka House, you won't regret it!!
The entire team joins me in thanking you for such a lovely review about your experience at Majeka House.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend our establishment!