“Bad service ”

and up
Vine Hopper: 2-Day Hop on Hop off Wine Tour Pass from Stellenbosch
Ranked #5 of 144 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 winery on Trip Advisor in the Stellenbosch region for almost 3 years. Warwick has become known as one of the most welcoming destinations with a truly authentic experience & friendly ambience. Open 365 days a year, join us for our famed 'Gourmet Picnic', delicious 'Vineyard Tapas' and a tutored wine tasting. Bring your friends & family for a 'BIG 5 WINE SAFARI' or just laze around on our magnificent lawns under the trees. This kid-friendly historic property will wow you.
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We called in advance and asked what time the kitchen closed the guy said 16:00 but wine tasting was until 16:30.

We arrived 15:45 with plenty of time to order a cheese platter because I've been before but wanted my boyfriend to experience it. We walked in and was passed by at least 4 waiters and decided to seat ourselves. By the time the waiter approached us it was 16:02 and we were refused the cheese platter when I made the case that we were waiting to be served she just carried on with asking if we still want the wine tasting.

After a year of recommending your place to many friends. I won't be back.

mikerat, Manager at Warwick Wine Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Lifestylechaser,

Please accept my deepest apologies for the unsatisfactory service you received during your visit. It is not our standard to refuse food service to our guests especially if you place an order just after 16:00. I have discussed your experience with the team and we would be honoured to host you and your boyfriend for a complimentary wine tasting and cheese and charcuterie platter at a time convenient for you. The entire team feels sadden with your experience and how you were ignored and refused a platter. Especially after you have had great experiences in the past, we would like to show you that your last visit was a out of the ordinary and will not happen again.

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is most valuable during our learning process.

Please contact me to arrange a visit on jani@warwickwine.com

Warm Warwick Regards
Jani Branders
Hospitality Manageress

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Arrived with 3 people and one dog and the girl couldn't have been more welcoming, the dog was treated as well as we were! Beautiful setting, very relaxed atmosphere and great wines. Will definitely return!

mikeratCapeTown, Owner at Warwick Wine Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

What a lovely comment. It is always such a pleasure to hear from happy visitors And you did make our entire team smile. As a family that has eight dogs, we understand the pleasure that our canine friends bring to us. I can see that your beloveds dog also had a fabulous time.
We look forward to welcoming you all back for your next visit.
All the best,
Mike Ratcliffe

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We went for a picnic which was well arranged. From the booking to the food selection everything was a breeze. We did enjoy the location, food, the comfortable pillows and the umbrella. I guess those we have wine would have enjoyed more. For us it was a relaxing afternoon

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I got married at Warwick in March 2017, and we had a magical day, much thanks to the stellar team at Warwick, led by the very capable and lovely Linda Moller, who not only helped organise my entire wedding from overseas, but did so with utmost professional, reliable and friendly service. The wines were of great quality and one of the top wineries in the region, and I've been around the Stellenbosch vineyards many times! The food is great (we choose a big braai buffet menu) and the location is breathtaking... We had the ceremony up on the hill, with panoramic views across the winelands and the reception on the deck, under big trees and with old rustic tables provided by the venue. If you're looking to have your wedding in Stellenbosch... do not look past Warwick. It took me a long time to find the right location, and I couldn't have been more impressed. Thank you Linda and the whole Warwick team!!

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

What a treat - wine farm that seriously caters for children! There are play areas, wide open spaces and uninterrupted views. We were able to enjoy a glass of wine & a delicious cheese platter while our kids had a ball.