“Fabulous way to spend a day in the beautiful Winelands.”

Warwick Wine Estate
Book In Advance
More Info
US$24,24*
and up
Vine Hopper: Hop-On Hop-Off Wine Tour - Northern...
Ranked #9 of 155 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 winery on Trip Advisor in the Stellenbosch region for almost 3 years. Warwick has become known as one of the most welcoming destinations with a truly authentic experience & friendly ambience. Open 365 days a year, join us for our famed 'Gourmet Picnic', delicious 'Vineyard Tapas' and a tutored wine tasting. Bring your friends & family for a 'BIG 5 WINE SAFARI' or just laze around on our magnificent lawns under the trees. This kid-friendly historic property will wow you.
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Fabulous picnic venue for young and old, just a chilled afternoon sitting or lying in the shade, reading a book, chatting with friends, playing with the kiddies, eating and drinking ...what more!
This was our second picnic and some things have improved and some have slipped (a little). Firstly a HUGE improvement is the on-line booking system, what a breeze to see what area's are available and choose your spot. The small deposit was dealt with quickly and efficiently on-line.
The food while great, was exactly the same as the last picnic. It would be nice to have some seasonal variations.
The service that was exemplary last time was not so good this time. Staff were scarce and the simple order of a beer turned silly - I came close to calling the restaurant on the phone to see is I could track down our waiter! That aside, a fabulous way to spend a day in the beautiful Winelands.

All reviews
"knowledgeable staff"
"sauvignon blanc"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Words fall short of how incredible the wine and food is at the estate. Loved every single moment

Warwick is one of the premium wine estates in South Africa and it's not difficult to see why. They offer picnics, which you must book ahead of time, on the lawn in front of the tasting room with a small splash pool and fountains for the kids. My fiancé and I were blown away by the cheese platter, which brought together some of the best local cheeses with different spreads (including a herb butter which we used for dipping given how tasty it was), Parma ham, and they even had gluten free delicious breads!

The wine tasting was expensive at R100 each, although this falls away should you buy a bottle of wine which makes it the smart decision. The service levels were probably the best of the estates we tasted at thus far. Combining knowledge with a sweet story of a silversmith and a princess.

A properly fantastic afternoon. Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Arrived mid afternoon as part of a large group. Hot day so under the trees for the wine tasting. All wines were good and we were given both a overview of the history and a small glass. You can ask for a top up, which I did.
Picnic boxes came out with a mix of local produce.
As we were on the main lawn after the picnic we chilled on the bean bags, Then it was time to move on. Could have spent the day there.
If you go then enjoy, if something is not right mention it to the hard working team. I can only speak about my experience.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

A really great winery for families. A large grassy area and several play areas with climbing frames, water feature and swings. Lovely picnic areas, all well spaced, either on the lawn, in 'picnic pods' or at one of the many tables dotted around in the shade of the trees. The wines are are excellent and we would totally recommend a tasting. We went for the premium tasting of seven wines at 100 Rand, although tastings are free if you buy a bottle. Staff were friendly and helpful. A perfect place to spend an afternoon.