Open today: 10:00 - 17:00

from US$25,40
from US$59,90
from US$68,90
More Info
All reviews gourmet picnic picnic basket water fountain pate picnic spot jungle gym bean bags wine estate salad lovely afternoon bread sauvignon blanc lovely setting tasting room south africa pod lawn
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Words fall short of how incredible the wine and food is at the estate. Loved every single moment

Warwick is one of the premium wine estates in South Africa and it's not difficult to see why. They offer picnics, which you must book ahead of time, on the lawn in front of the tasting room with a small splash pool and fountains for the kids. My fiancé and I were blown away by the cheese platter, which brought together some of the best local cheeses with different spreads (including a herb butter which we used for dipping given how tasty it was), Parma ham, and they even had gluten free delicious breads!

The wine tasting was expensive at R100 each, although this falls away should you buy a bottle of wine which makes it the smart decision. The service levels were probably the best of the estates we tasted at thus far. Combining knowledge with a sweet story of a silversmith and a princess.

A properly fantastic afternoon. Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Arrived mid afternoon as part of a large group. Hot day so under the trees for the wine tasting. All wines were good and we were given both a overview of the history and a small glass. You can ask for a top up, which I did.
Picnic boxes came out with a mix of local produce.
As we were on the main lawn after the picnic we chilled on the bean bags, Then it was time to move on. Could have spent the day there.
If you go then enjoy, if something is not right mention it to the hard working team. I can only speak about my experience.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

A really great winery for families. A large grassy area and several play areas with climbing frames, water feature and swings. Lovely picnic areas, all well spaced, either on the lawn, in 'picnic pods' or at one of the many tables dotted around in the shade of the trees. The wines are are excellent and we would totally recommend a tasting. We went for the premium tasting of seven wines at 100 Rand, although tastings are free if you buy a bottle. Staff were friendly and helpful. A perfect place to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I had included Warwick on my MCC trail specifically because they have a good reputation for MCC. Sadly when I got there they offered no MCC for tasting - a big disappointment! So I left.
The other wines might be great or not, I don't know but if you are looking to try their bubbles you will be out of luck without buying an entire bottle.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Lovely grounds and views. Good food; picnic in the dedicated picnic spaces on the lawns. Great picnic or restaurant lunches and snacks. Excellent wines, do a tasting before lunch. Thoroughly pleasant day with a toddler. Lovely day, great service.