“Great wine, lovely picnic area do you need more”

Warwick Wine Estate
Book In Advance
More Info
US$23,93*
and up
Vine Hopper: Hop-On Hop-Off Wine Tour - Northern Route
Ranked #4 of 140 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 winery on Trip Advisor in the Stellenbosch region for almost 3 years. Warwick has become known as one of the most welcoming destinations with a truly authentic experience & friendly ambience. Open 365 days a year, join us for our famed 'Gourmet Picnic', delicious 'Vineyard Tapas' and a tutored wine tasting. Bring your friends & family for a 'BIG 5 WINE SAFARI' or just laze around on our magnificent lawns under the trees. This kid-friendly historic property will wow you.
Paisley
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great wine, lovely picnic area do you need more”
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Arrived mid afternoon as part of a large group. Hot day so under the trees for the wine tasting. All wines were good and we were given both a overview of the history and a small glass. You can ask for a top up, which I did.
Picnic boxes came out with a mix of local produce.
As we were on the main lawn after the picnic we chilled on the bean bags, Then it was time to move on. Could have spent the day there.
If you go then enjoy, if something is not right mention it to the hard working team. I can only speak about my experience.

• Czech first
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Family friendly winery”
Reviewed 9 March 2017

A really great winery for families. A large grassy area and several play areas with climbing frames, water feature and swings. Lovely picnic areas, all well spaced, either on the lawn, in 'picnic pods' or at one of the many tables dotted around in the shade of the trees. The wines are are excellent and we would totally recommend a tasting. We went for the premium tasting of seven wines at 100 Rand, although tastings are free if you buy a bottle. Staff were friendly and helpful. A perfect place to spend an afternoon.

Visited March 2017
Newport News, Virginia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No MCC for tasting”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I had included Warwick on my MCC trail specifically because they have a good reputation for MCC. Sadly when I got there they offered no MCC for tasting - a big disappointment! So I left.
The other wines might be great or not, I don't know but if you are looking to try their bubbles you will be out of luck without buying an entire bottle.

Marseillan, France
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Child friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Lovely grounds and views. Good food; picnic in the dedicated picnic spaces on the lawns. Great picnic or restaurant lunches and snacks. Excellent wines, do a tasting before lunch. Thoroughly pleasant day with a toddler. Lovely day, great service.

Visited March 2017
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect Post-Wedding Picnic!”
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I arranged a picnic for 80 adults and 12 kids at Warwick and couldn't have been more delighted with the setting, food, wine and excellent service we received! Coming from overseas, we had never actually visited Warwick before so took a bit of a gamble but it definitely payed off! Everyone commented on how wonderful the day was and I would recommend it to anyone looking to host similar or just looking for a beautiful spot to while away a relaxing afternoon.

From the first email contact I had with Linda following my initial enquiry, I knew we were in good hands. Nothing was too much trouble - I changed the numbers multiple times and added in various dietary requirements (including a guest who is strictly gluten free), which she dealt with without any hassle at all.

On the day we arrived to find the tables all set up in a beautiful shady spot under the trees, perfectly situated between the jungle gym and the water fountain so the kids were in heaven! They even set up our own bar for us and were very happy to accommodate the fact we had brought left over wine & bubbly which they were happy to serve and just charge us corkage. Sharon(?), looked after us on the day and was particularly wonderful in ensuring everything was served at the right time and everyone was happy.

The picnics themselves were divine! Seriously the best i've had. Excellent quality and so much food - you definitely wont go hungry at Warwick. We stayed until closing time it was that wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend them to anyone.