Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews swedish massage outdoor pool rest and relaxation perfect setting detox therapy reflexology mindfulness ozone spa kickstart retreat africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2023

The Reception, Accommodation, Facilities, Food, Treatments were such high quality. Staff very friendly & professional. Beautiful stunning farm environment in the outskirts of the winelands. Thx for a wonderful stay.

Room tip: Try the indoor warm pool and aquasize classes!
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2023

To Stian and his incredible team a heartfelt thank you for the way in which you welcomed us into the beautiful and tranquil surroundings of the Hydro. This is the third time that IMISA (Institute of Mindfulness of South Africa) has booked out the Hydro for one of its retreats and I can honestly say that each time is better than the last. The well cared for space, both indoors and outdoors, provides the perfect setting to take time out from the busyness of day to day life. The friendly and helpful staff, the healthy and delicious food (and of course the cinnamon and ginger tea), the warmth of the indoor pool and the freshness and beauty of the outdoor pool left me feeling refreshed and rested. Such a treat to have spent time with you all, thank you. Barbara

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2023

The hydro is simply beautiful. Set in a spectacular setting, I start to relax as soon as I enter the gates. Just to sit in the gardens, listen to the birds and watch the sunset is enough. The pools are wonderful, both indoor and outdoor. The food nourishing and healthy. And the staff, caring, attentive, and so helpful. This place is a sanctuary for body, mind and soul and continues to hold a special place in my heart.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2023

After an extended period of pressure, stress, and a loss in the family, my wife was reaching burn out. I decided to send her to the Hydro for a few days, to try to get her calm and relaxed again. Well, she's come back home so revitalised and strong. She had a wonderful time. The staff were amazing. It was a very holistic experience for her. I can't believe this short time away has helped her so much.

Room tip: Be open to all the healing
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2023

My third visit to this spa - I've seen it in all it's iterations, and this time was most disappointing. I left more stressed by all that went wrong, than when I arrived. The staff are simply not trained to competency or to handle "crisis". One staff member, after my gown was taken, expected me to leave and walk around in my towel. After much discussion and a long time I got another. Lunch was an abomination. A soggy salad made hours before lunch, another with butter beans and I don't know what, and boiled carrots and beetroot as the hot dish. The best part was a baked potato. Lastly, if you have gel nails you can't get a mani or pedi. They simply don't have time or talent. They suggested I just do the soak off and not paint. What???? The refund was tedious. Send us an email blah blah. This used to be the go to spa for good therapies and rest and relaxation and great vegetarian fare. They need to hire a chef urgently.

Room tip: Don't go with expectations
Date of stay: March 2023