“3 Night Autumn Package - The Hydro- Stellenbosch”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stellenbosch
The Hydro at Stellenbosch
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Stellenbosch
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Spent 3 nights at The Hydro last week .
Missed the signboard when leaving Stellenbosch and ended up in Franchhoek . The Hydro is beautifully situated overlooking vally of vineyards and the town of Stellenbosch in the distance . It would be very quiet had it not been for the Hellshoogde Pass being nearby which seemed to turn into a Formula One track on a Saturday/Sunday for enthusiastic Superbikes and Super-cars . I think the noise was due to my room positioning and the fact that the prevailing wind from the s/east was blowing . Lukily the rattling aircon drowned out most of that noice :)
First time i have been a solid vegan for nearly 4 days . Not really my thing , but was a good detox . Amenities were quite varied , i think i dis to much in 2 days which kinda left me feeling a little drained instead of this new me i hoped to walk out feeling .
Staff were very friendly , although better communication between Reception and Spa could have been better . Also had to get them to reconcile my bill when checking out as they had charged me for a therapy that i never received .This was sorted out very quickly .
I am sure the food would have really appealed to a Vegan , as their were some dished which were tongue tangly .
I had 6 therapies over the 2 days and found the Seaweed Wrap very rejuvenating .
The room i had V 51, was quite isolated and far from everything , but had a great view over the vineyards . My room was nothing to write home about , just a standard City Lodge 3 star type . What was quite irritating was that the aircon rattled and the shower could not decide if it wanted to be boiling hot or freezing cold . Must admit i did not bring it to their attention when i left as my lift had arrived .
I must admit as well that i was originally booked into V3 , but did not like the idea of twin beds , this room was closer to the main area's .
They also have a beautiful indoor swiming pool , as well as one outside for the brave , it was quite nippy outside .
What was also very nice when one walked around was sense of serenity and quiet emminating from the walls and corridoors . You really whispered when you spoke to people , guess that's why people go to Spa's .

Room Tip: stay as close to reception as possible , facing south west
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

A Life changing experience for both myself and husband whom I must say was a little skeptical at thought of spending 5 days with no alcohol coffee and meat. Well he loved every minute, so much so that he has promised it is now going to be a annual trip for us.
The staff are all incredibly knowledge, friendly and exceptionally professional. The food is amazing, never feeling hungry once or craving for something not offered. We purchase the recipe book and have continued eating the hydro dishes ever since. I arrived at the Hydro a wreck, totally exhausted from work demands and a busy Christmas, but left there 5 days later totally revived, detoxed and feeling much better about life. I must mention that both my self and husband lost 2.5kgs in the 5 days and he didn't even do the juicing. My blood pressure returned to normal and I was smiling again.
Scenery is stunning and the standard rooms are very nice. Thank you to all the staff for being so attentive and caring with my special needs that week.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Located at the top of a valley the Hydro has a perfect vista over Stellenbosh - two swimming pools take advantage of this view. The food was a little bland and didn't quite live up the expectations gathered from their website photographs, but if you're new to healthy eating or a vegetarian diet it may be enough to get you into it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

I spent three days at The Hydro which is a short stay and not enough for a serious detox/cleanse programme but quite enough for some time out to get plenty of sleep and solitude, which is what I needed. The treatments were great, particularly the Swedish massage, the mud wrap and the shiatsu. The food is healthy and tasty and I really loved the ginger tea that was on offer for most of the day. I stayed in an Executive suite which was very spacious and the bed really comfortable. Also went for a power walk every morning in beautiful surroundings with lovely views. Plenty of public space to relax in including outdoor and indoor pool and nice lounge area. Layout is well designed to allow for both those who want to engage with other guests and those who would prefer privacy. Staff very friendly, professional and on time in terms of itinerary. Would love to go back for a longer stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I was invited by a former colleague, Sandra to visit and enjoy this facility. Unfortunately, I found out that she made no booking when I arrived but the friendly staff was kind to assist and scheduled me in for a neck and shoulder massage.
Thank you to Shakeera for showing me around the facility (although she made sure everyone knows I made no appointment). I was impressed with the setting of the spa/facility, high in the mountain overlooking Stellenbosch, so it provided a spectacular view of the valley.
My treatment by Ruth was enjoyable and she made sure that I was comfortable and we shared a good conversation.
This facility is huge and provide a basket of treatments to choose from. It is highly recommended. I am sure I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo