“Rejuvenating three day stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stellenbosch
The Hydro at Stellenbosch
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Stellenbosch
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

I spent three days at The Hydro which is a short stay and not enough for a serious detox/cleanse programme but quite enough for some time out to get plenty of sleep and solitude, which is what I needed. The treatments were great, particularly the Swedish massage, the mud wrap and the shiatsu. The food is healthy and tasty and I really loved the ginger tea that was on offer for most of the day. I stayed in an Executive suite which was very spacious and the bed really comfortable. Also went for a power walk every morning in beautiful surroundings with lovely views. Plenty of public space to relax in including outdoor and indoor pool and nice lounge area. Layout is well designed to allow for both those who want to engage with other guests and those who would prefer privacy. Staff very friendly, professional and on time in terms of itinerary. Would love to go back for a longer stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 January 2017

I was invited by a former colleague, Sandra to visit and enjoy this facility. Unfortunately, I found out that she made no booking when I arrived but the friendly staff was kind to assist and scheduled me in for a neck and shoulder massage.
Thank you to Shakeera for showing me around the facility (although she made sure everyone knows I made no appointment). I was impressed with the setting of the spa/facility, high in the mountain overlooking Stellenbosch, so it provided a spectacular view of the valley.
My treatment by Ruth was enjoyable and she made sure that I was comfortable and we shared a good conversation.
This facility is huge and provide a basket of treatments to choose from. It is highly recommended. I am sure I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank vsomerset
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Amazing treatments, gorgeous scenery. We did the hydrotherapy, cocoon wrap and swedish massage in a day package, very relaxing, destressing and detoxing. Quiet and serene, very healthy light lunch. Reccomended!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank safiyyah
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Majestic mountains and vineyards surrounding property. Amazing tiered vegetable garden, all organic. Gardeners share their composting methods and flower choices to chase bugs naturally.
Fabulous salads and vegetable meals. Mario is a superb sports massage therapist. Rooms clean and adequate, not high luxury, but well priced. Staff overall helpful and considerate. My third. visit and I'll be back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank hondjie
Reviewed 14 December 2016

This is the ideal place of you want to get away from high stress work situation and relax,
The quite and relaxing environment force you to bring your hole body to a standstill, the hydro therapy and massages including in the package let you forget about all. Healthy but tasty meals detox your body, and I as a major carnivore was realy worried about the vegiterian food, bit I was never hungry I lost a few Killos in the process (bonus)
The evenings tend to get long as there is not much to do. But you sleep a lot in the first few days. I think the 5 and 7 day plan is the best, less than that You will not get the best out of the Experience. Compared to the average hotel price in the area this is a good deal considering that you get 3 meals, unlimited ( healthy ) drinks( sorry no alcahol allowed) mid afternoon snak, this is not a normal Holliday venue, but if you had a though year it's ideal to wind down The additional spa treatments is als great

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms closest to the therapy section