“Friendly service and good value for money - Spa treatment”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stellenbosch
The Hydro at Stellenbosch
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Stellenbosch
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I was invited by a former colleague, Sandra to visit and enjoy this facility. Unfortunately, I found out that she made no booking when I arrived but the friendly staff was kind to assist and scheduled me in for a neck and shoulder massage.
Thank you to Shakeera for showing me around the facility (although she made sure everyone knows I made no appointment). I was impressed with the setting of the spa/facility, high in the mountain overlooking Stellenbosch, so it provided a spectacular view of the valley.
My treatment by Ruth was enjoyable and she made sure that I was comfortable and we shared a good conversation.
This facility is huge and provide a basket of treatments to choose from. It is highly recommended. I am sure I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank vsomerset

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Amazing treatments, gorgeous scenery. We did the hydrotherapy, cocoon wrap and swedish massage in a day package, very relaxing, destressing and detoxing. Quiet and serene, very healthy light lunch. Reccomended!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank safiyyah
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Majestic mountains and vineyards surrounding property. Amazing tiered vegetable garden, all organic. Gardeners share their composting methods and flower choices to chase bugs naturally.
Fabulous salads and vegetable meals. Mario is a superb sports massage therapist. Rooms clean and adequate, not high luxury, but well priced. Staff overall helpful and considerate. My third. visit and I'll be back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank hondjie
Reviewed 14 December 2016

This is the ideal place of you want to get away from high stress work situation and relax,
The quite and relaxing environment force you to bring your hole body to a standstill, the hydro therapy and massages including in the package let you forget about all. Healthy but tasty meals detox your body, and I as a major carnivore was realy worried about the vegiterian food, bit I was never hungry I lost a few Killos in the process (bonus)
The evenings tend to get long as there is not much to do. But you sleep a lot in the first few days. I think the 5 and 7 day plan is the best, less than that You will not get the best out of the Experience. Compared to the average hotel price in the area this is a good deal considering that you get 3 meals, unlimited ( healthy ) drinks( sorry no alcahol allowed) mid afternoon snak, this is not a normal Holliday venue, but if you had a though year it's ideal to wind down The additional spa treatments is als great

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms closest to the therapy section
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2016

This was not my first visit to The Hydro but it had been a few years since my last so I was very excited to return. From touching down in Cape Town airport and seeing the driver with The Hydro sign waiting for my at arrivals, I felt instantly relaxed. I couldn't wait to get there and change into my dressing gown and simply spend time chilling out. I booked a limited number of treatments as I felt like I just wanted to enjoy the tranquil environment. The detox body scrub was a great way to start - providing a felling of shedding the stress of work and life followed by a colonic to cleanse from inside was a great first day. The sun shone the whole time and the massages and hydrotherapy treatments that I had were pure luxury.
The food was, as expected, limited to salad, soup, with a small baked potato or bread roll for a little added boost with fruit for breakfast but I never felt hungry or missed anything. A new addition since my last visit had been the ability to have 3 small complementary juices throughout each day and despite my hesitance, I found the Basically Green (cucumber, celery, apple and lemon) decidedly tasty.
The staff were, as always, extremely courteous, efficient, friendly and helpful and have fantastic memories.
My room was very comfortable (I stayed in a standard room in the Vineyard) although I do wish there were a few additional to channel choices.
10 days was certainly not long enough for this little slice of peaceful heaven and I will definitely not leave it so long until my next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are impeccable however I prefer a room in the Vineyard as it is more central to the whole...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo