The Hydro at Stellenbosch
Devon Valley Hotel(Stellenbosch)
US$121
US$118
Hotels.com
Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Pool
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
All reviewseco poolswedish massagetai chiblood pressurepower walkdetox programmerecipe bookstrict dietaqua aerobicsfantastic treatmentshealthy livingwarm indoor poolguided meditationbudget roomcity lifeheaven on earthspa treatments
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Amazing treatments, gorgeous scenery. We did the hydrotherapy, cocoon wrap and swedish massage in a day package, very relaxing, destressing and detoxing. Quiet and serene, very healthy light lunch. Reccomended!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank safiyyah
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Majestic mountains and vineyards surrounding property. Amazing tiered vegetable garden, all organic. Gardeners share their composting methods and flower choices to chase bugs naturally.
Fabulous salads and vegetable meals. Mario is a superb sports massage therapist. Rooms clean and adequate, not high luxury, but well priced. Staff overall helpful and considerate. My third. visit and I'll be back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank hondjie
Reviewed 14 December 2016

This is the ideal place of you want to get away from high stress work situation and relax,
The quite and relaxing environment force you to bring your hole body to a standstill, the hydro therapy and massages including in the package let you forget about all. Healthy but tasty meals detox your body, and I as a major carnivore was realy worried about the vegiterian food, bit I was never hungry I lost a few Killos in the process (bonus)
The evenings tend to get long as there is not much to do. But you sleep a lot in the first few days. I think the 5 and 7 day plan is the best, less than that You will not get the best out of the Experience. Compared to the average hotel price in the area this is a good deal considering that you get 3 meals, unlimited ( healthy ) drinks( sorry no alcahol allowed) mid afternoon snak, this is not a normal Holliday venue, but if you had a though year it's ideal to wind down The additional spa treatments is als great

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms closest to the therapy section
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2016

This was not my first visit to The Hydro but it had been a few years since my last so I was very excited to return. From touching down in Cape Town airport and seeing the driver with The Hydro sign waiting for my at arrivals, I felt instantly relaxed. I couldn't wait to get there and change into my dressing gown and simply spend time chilling out. I booked a limited number of treatments as I felt like I just wanted to enjoy the tranquil environment. The detox body scrub was a great way to start - providing a felling of shedding the stress of work and life followed by a colonic to cleanse from inside was a great first day. The sun shone the whole time and the massages and hydrotherapy treatments that I had were pure luxury.
The food was, as expected, limited to salad, soup, with a small baked potato or bread roll for a little added boost with fruit for breakfast but I never felt hungry or missed anything. A new addition since my last visit had been the ability to have 3 small complementary juices throughout each day and despite my hesitance, I found the Basically Green (cucumber, celery, apple and lemon) decidedly tasty.
The staff were, as always, extremely courteous, efficient, friendly and helpful and have fantastic memories.
My room was very comfortable (I stayed in a standard room in the Vineyard) although I do wish there were a few additional to channel choices.
10 days was certainly not long enough for this little slice of peaceful heaven and I will definitely not leave it so long until my next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are impeccable however I prefer a room in the Vineyard as it is more central to the whole facility.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Professional staff and therapists. Food well prepared, tasty and healthy. Morning and afternoon forest walks enjoyable and good exercise Relaxation and yoga classes - amazing with good instructors. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. Overall a good experience and I will return.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo