The Hydro at Stellenbosch
US$116
Oude Werf Hotel(Stellenbosch)
US$146
US$139
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$76
Eendracht Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$92
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Twice Central(Stellenbosch)
US$103
US$98
Priceline
All reviewseco poolswedish massagetai chiblood pressurepower walkdetox programmerecipe bookstrict dietaqua aerobicsfantastic treatmentshealthy livingwarm indoor poolguided meditationbudget roomcity lifeheaven on earthspa treatments
Reviewed 3 December 2016

This was not my first visit to The Hydro but it had been a few years since my last so I was very excited to return. From touching down in Cape Town airport and seeing the driver with The Hydro sign waiting for my at arrivals, I felt instantly relaxed. I couldn't wait to get there and change into my dressing gown and simply spend time chilling out. I booked a limited number of treatments as I felt like I just wanted to enjoy the tranquil environment. The detox body scrub was a great way to start - providing a felling of shedding the stress of work and life followed by a colonic to cleanse from inside was a great first day. The sun shone the whole time and the massages and hydrotherapy treatments that I had were pure luxury.
The food was, as expected, limited to salad, soup, with a small baked potato or bread roll for a little added boost with fruit for breakfast but I never felt hungry or missed anything. A new addition since my last visit had been the ability to have 3 small complementary juices throughout each day and despite my hesitance, I found the Basically Green (cucumber, celery, apple and lemon) decidedly tasty.
The staff were, as always, extremely courteous, efficient, friendly and helpful and have fantastic memories.
My room was very comfortable (I stayed in a standard room in the Vineyard) although I do wish there were a few additional to channel choices.
10 days was certainly not long enough for this little slice of peaceful heaven and I will definitely not leave it so long until my next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are impeccable however I prefer a room in the Vineyard as it is more central to the whole facility.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Professional staff and therapists. Food well prepared, tasty and healthy. Morning and afternoon forest walks enjoyable and good exercise Relaxation and yoga classes - amazing with good instructors. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. Overall a good experience and I will return.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Stayed on a 2 day break away package. Had hydro therapy, Cocoon massage and Refining facial all which were excellent and therapists really good. I did not like the feel of the hotel as I felt it lacked a bit of atmosphere but the rooms are large and well decorated giving all the comforts. The bathrooms need some updating. The view from my balcony was breathtaking. It is conveniently close to Stellenbosch so if you need to escape for an hour or 2 it is easy to do so.

Room Tip: Stayed in an executive room which had beautiful views and large room with good comfortable beds and pillows.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Fantastic stay. It was a short break 2 nights only, but I felt so pampered and relaxed.
For me every time again when I stay at the Hydro, I feel overall so much better, more relaxed, energised and optimistic. It is for me the ideal short break in between, to have a real break away from all daily commitments and busy life.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 August 2016

This last 5 days have been amazing. The Hydro, the Hydroteam, the food I can not find a single thing which was negative! Thank you Hydro Team I come again. Everything was just perfect and there is nothing to complain only to say thank thank you and thank you!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business