“Our Second Favourite Winery”

Kanonkop Wine Estate
Book In Advance
More Info
US$129,50*
and up
Red Wine Lovers Private Tour from Stellenbosch
Ranked #54 of 150 things to do in Stellenbosch
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I visited over 20 wineries in Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Constantia. This was our second favourite! The tasting we did had one of the best selections we tried, they all were worthy of purchasing! That in itself is something we didn’t experience all that much in our tastings.
Our server was so bright and bubbly, but also full of knowledge. We had the best experience here, and I’m glad we got here early in the morning around 10am to see the wines still glistening in the sunlight. A stunning winery with an even better selection of wines!

All reviews
"vines"
"knowledge"
"cellar"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An elegant wine tasting setting with helpful and knowledgeable staff. The Kanonkop Black Label is to my mind one of the top South African wines and well worth the extra fee for a taste.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was the first of our wine tastings with Pietman Retief Wine tours. It was a great first stop and the wines of this estate are really excellent. I particularly liked the rose.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

This was our first stop on our private winelands tour near capetown. The wine tasting was 50, which is waved if we buy a bottle and included 6 different wines. I have to say that most of the wine was terrific, we especially loved the rose which we bought a bottle to drink later. They are pretty well known for their reds esp their pinotage!.
Good place to start in stellenbosch.