“Perfect birthday celebrations”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

It was a Sunday lunch, the sun was shining beautifully and there was no wind, despite it being late Autumn, and we had the most spectacular experience I could've hoped for at Giovanni's Eikendal! We ate under the trees overlooking the dam, being waited on hand and foot by warm and friendly staff who tool great care of us. The food was exquisite... prawns, pork belly, focaccia, calamari... and THE most delicious cheesecake I've ever had! The Eikendal Wine was also a superb compliment to both the meal and the day and I couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate my birthday. What a gem, definitely worth the visit no matter what the occasion

Reviewed 14 May 2015

We have visited Eikendal Restaurant on a few occasions. On a summer's day or evening it is beautiful to sit outside under the umbrellas in a shady garden with a view of the lake. Warren, our Host has always been so friendly and helpful and makes sure that all his guests are happy. The staff are professional and their service is excellent. We have never been disappointed in any of the meals and have also met Chef Michael. The inside area as well as the courtyard has a very pleasant ambience. I can truly recommend Eikendal Restaurant. We will definitely be back there very soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

The food and service is great. Enjoy a pizza and a glass of wine under the trees with friends while enjoying the beautiful view of the Stellenbosch mountains. Definitely a must!

Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

Wow! We had an amazing meal at Giovanni's at Eikendal.
Epic pizza - nice and thin based.
Apparently top 3 ever eaten - my husband is a pizza freak.
Wine was very reasonably priced - which is always a plus!
The pasta I had was hands down the best ever - I had gnocchi with veal,bacon,mushroom, cherry tomato and cream sauce. Amazing. Gnocchi perfectly cooked. Sauce was so flavorful.
Really was superb!
Service excellent - attentive, fast not pushy. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 29 April 2015

I visited the restaurant and even though the place was packed the managers and waiters manged to attend to our every need. The food was amazing and what a beautiful place to have lunch.