Lowest prices for your stay
R 2 619
Breakfast included
Priceline
R 3 060
Vio.com
R 2 320
Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2023

Stayed for 1 night in a one bedroom, garden suite - staff at reception does go the extra mile - while the one bedroom suites (apartment) is about 3 times larger than the standard rooms, due to a separate lounge, small kitchenette and an outside private garden, the rooms itself is EXTREMELY small, with only a tv in the lounge - the shower is over the bath, unlike the standard rooms that has a shower only - the mattress in our room was VERY HARD - although the property has spectacular surroundings of the mountain range, the suites whether on the first floor with balcony does not afford itself a view of the surroundings - ladies should note there is no bar soap, or even a shampoo in the bathrooms - most disappointing was the breakfast - it is NOT a buffet and ONLY some serials, a fruit bowl and 1 yogurt - NO cheeses, cold meats, or even different breads, rolls etc. - I did note it is a 4* hotel, however not even scons, croissants, or a muffin - a hot breakfast is served on order, which was quite nice - overall the service is fine, but the chef might want to review the breakfast offering, when considering the overall hotel rates - the restaurant and bar is shared between golfers and hotel guest and while we had lunch, the nicotine of the smokers sitting at the bar, reeked throughout the restaurant - it is my opinion that this is an ideal venue for golf enthusiast.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2023

Excellent restaurant with really engaging staff. Great service with a really enjoyable menu. We had several meals in the restaurant and enjoyed every meal with a very diverse menu. Absolute value for money in a great setting. Very friendly environment to have a meal and watch the sun set.

Room tip: You will do not need to book, just tell the security staff at the gate that you are eating in the restaurant.
Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2022 via mobile

The staff really try so hard but the facility just does not les to a good experience. Resturant you share with golfers and golfers bar. So it is like going for break fast at your local golf club. Not what we where told when we enquired. Dinner same thing only now the golfers have been drinking for hours…

Room tip: The rooms are nice self catering week is better than weekend to use Resturant
Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank Freedom02864124208
Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

DevonVale Estate have their own wine, which is delishhhh the Shiraz and Sauvignonblanc is easy drinking and smooth like a baby's bottom 😃😃😊😊😊😋😋😋 I can honestly recommend their wines for any occasion.

The Hotel Manager, Jaco Bindemann really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and made sure that the weekend went smoothly.

We enjoyed a WineTour that was done through Vine Hoppers ( I will write a different review, but can definitely recommend them)

Reception staff is super friendly and their restaurant Chez Shiraz food is amazingly delicious and staff is attentive and very friendly...

We went for a Couple's Massage and it was DEVINE and LOVED it, Sam and Samantha's hands managed to make us feel Refreshed, Relaxed and Revived. We fell asleep a few times 😊😂

I will be back for another stay hopefully for next weekend, Valentine's weekend ❣❣❣❣
Absolutely fell in Love with this Estate and it feels like home away from home.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank Minette W
Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

We visited Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate for a couple of nights last February and really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff and peaceful surroundings.
I booked a few weeks ahead and asked for a ground floor room for my in-laws, which they were given with direct access out its private garden across to the restaurant. My husband and I were given the room above them which was perfect. The rooms are actually 1 bed apartments which are decorated beautifully and are fully appointed with dining table, cutlery and crockery. We were each in the very first room from reception and our room had a good size balcony with nice side views but my in-law's room was fab with it's own private garden, BBQ and seating. My MIL loved the apartment and actually preferred it to a more expensive resort in Stellenbosch we had stayed in a few years ago because she could watch TV and relax in the lounge while her husband had an afternoon nap.
The first afternoon, I went for a walk around the resort- it's quite small so didnt take long and enjoyed a couple of hours relaxing by the pool which is set in nice gardens surrounded by other apartments.
We ate in the only restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and there was a very good selection of dishes available served by the friendliest staff. They really went out of their way for us. We were celebrating a special birthday and one of the ladies serving us brought a complimentary glass of fizz for my mother in law, and all of the staff in the restaurant were very attentive.
The food was all cooked beautifully and 2 of the male waiting staff looked after us for the whole time we were there - they were so friendly and had a laugh with us and told us jokes. It wasn't packed in the restaurant but they made us feel like we were the only guests in there they were so attentive. And when I went for breakfast on my own, they made sure I had the best seat on the balcony.
We sat inside as my father in law gets coks in the evenings but the sunsets were so stunning I kept going out to take photos. If you can, take an outside seat and enjoy mother nature at her best.
My husband and I went out on the golf course one afternoon and I was delighted by the deer and ducks that walked around the course. The scenery was lovely and it felt so relaxing just being out in the sunshine. I would recommend taking out a cart though as it was very hot in February and fair sized course.
In all, we had a fab break at Devonvale Golf & Wine Resort, which was great value which is why I have given a full 5 stars. It's not as glam as other similar resorts, but the staff are excellent, it's nice to have an apartment instead of a room and it was superb value for money.

Date of stay: February 2020