Lowest prices for your stay
R 2 599
Breakfast included
Priceline
R 2 540
Vio.com
R 2 243
Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

DevonVale Estate have their own wine, which is delishhhh the Shiraz and Sauvignonblanc is easy drinking and smooth like a baby's bottom 😃😃😊😊😊😋😋😋 I can honestly recommend their wines for any occasion.

The Hotel Manager, Jaco Bindemann really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and made sure that the weekend went smoothly.

We enjoyed a WineTour that was done through Vine Hoppers ( I will write a different review, but can definitely recommend them)

Reception staff is super friendly and their restaurant Chez Shiraz food is amazingly delicious and staff is attentive and very friendly...

We went for a Couple's Massage and it was DEVINE and LOVED it, Sam and Samantha's hands managed to make us feel Refreshed, Relaxed and Revived. We fell asleep a few times 😊😂

I will be back for another stay hopefully for next weekend, Valentine's weekend ❣❣❣❣
Absolutely fell in Love with this Estate and it feels like home away from home.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Minette W
Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

We visited Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate for a couple of nights last February and really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff and peaceful surroundings.
I booked a few weeks ahead and asked for a ground floor room for my in-laws, which they were given with direct access out its private garden across to the restaurant. My husband and I were given the room above them which was perfect. The rooms are actually 1 bed apartments which are decorated beautifully and are fully appointed with dining table, cutlery and crockery. We were each in the very first room from reception and our room had a good size balcony with nice side views but my in-law's room was fab with it's own private garden, BBQ and seating. My MIL loved the apartment and actually preferred it to a more expensive resort in Stellenbosch we had stayed in a few years ago because she could watch TV and relax in the lounge while her husband had an afternoon nap.
The first afternoon, I went for a walk around the resort- it's quite small so didnt take long and enjoyed a couple of hours relaxing by the pool which is set in nice gardens surrounded by other apartments.
We ate in the only restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and there was a very good selection of dishes available served by the friendliest staff. They really went out of their way for us. We were celebrating a special birthday and one of the ladies serving us brought a complimentary glass of fizz for my mother in law, and all of the staff in the restaurant were very attentive.
The food was all cooked beautifully and 2 of the male waiting staff looked after us for the whole time we were there - they were so friendly and had a laugh with us and told us jokes. It wasn't packed in the restaurant but they made us feel like we were the only guests in there they were so attentive. And when I went for breakfast on my own, they made sure I had the best seat on the balcony.
We sat inside as my father in law gets coks in the evenings but the sunsets were so stunning I kept going out to take photos. If you can, take an outside seat and enjoy mother nature at her best.
My husband and I went out on the golf course one afternoon and I was delighted by the deer and ducks that walked around the course. The scenery was lovely and it felt so relaxing just being out in the sunshine. I would recommend taking out a cart though as it was very hot in February and fair sized course.
In all, we had a fab break at Devonvale Golf & Wine Resort, which was great value which is why I have given a full 5 stars. It's not as glam as other similar resorts, but the staff are excellent, it's nice to have an apartment instead of a room and it was superb value for money.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Good hotel, nice rooms, comfy bed. Nice surroundings, very relaxing, quiet. golfcourse, but even for us, not playing golf, there is enough to do in the surroundings, Stellenbosch is not far.
Devonvale is very relaxing. Good food in the restaurant, all the staff is excellent, friendly and very good in English. In doing short for all the staff members, we had dinner 3x and served by 3 different waiters who were very nice, Leon, Agreement and Cornelius.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Annie Provoyeur, Marketing at Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2020

Thank you for your positive review.
We are indeed favoured with the picturesque valley surrounding our Hotel.
We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you were nicely looked after (as we would expect).
Many thanks, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again when you are next in SA.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

The facilities are good and the golf course is a nice surprise. The management the owners and the owners family were very accommodating. I played golf at their Wednesday golf tournament while my wife enjoyed the spa. We will definitely return when I am back in Cape Town.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank-you for joining us for our Wednesday Golf Tournament, we're delighted to hear that you and your wife had a lovely time and thank-you for the nice remarks. We hope you'll join us again!

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Devonvale is set in beautiful surrounds - the accommodation and estate is clean and modern and caters for all your needs. The breakfast was great with lovely views the staff were all friendly and welcoming! I would highly recommend this Devonvale!.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank-you for the kind review, we greatly appreciate the feedback and compliments and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Devonvale again in the not-too-distant future.