“Berry-good indeed! ”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

If you liked my fruit based pun then you'll love the food on the menu at Hillcrest.

Morning fresh fruit ripped straight from the premises made for THE BEST smoothie I've ever had in my life.

The rest of the food has a wonderful "home made" feel and has hints of French influence.

Go there for a cheesecake and smoothie!

Reviewed 10 April 2016

I was visiting Hillcrest a couple of months ago and the service was poor. I however thought it might have been a once off. Today i met a friend at Hillcrest for lunch. Yesterday I told a friend that I was going to Hillcrest today and she actually reminded me that the service was rather poor the last time we were there. I honestly thought matters might have changed ........ unfortunately NOT. The service was actually worse than the previous time. The restaurant were not all that busy, but it took the waitrons ages to bring out the food. We waited 20 minutes for a glass of water to be served, we waited thirty (30) minutes for a bottle of wine. We did not even order food, so our order was quite simple - just desert, for which we also had to wait very long and we had to ask the waitron three/four times how long we must still wait for our order. Sorry Hillcrest, I have always been a keen supported but unfortunately today was the last time I will introduce a friend to your restaurant. As it is, my friend is in the restaurant trade himself and he mentioned that he cannot believe that the service was so poor. Not again, I am sorry.

Hillcrest Berry O, Owner at Hillcrest Berry Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Elsabie called us to inform us of her unfortunate experience and we thanked her for bringing the problems to our attention. We very much value customer feedback in order to keep in touch with all aspects of our business. The complaints were followed up with both the waitress and management and procedures have been initiated to ensure that training and service is improved. Elsabie has been offered a Restaurant Voucher and we hope she will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Scenic views of the mountains and vineyards make this one of the loveliest places to eat in the Stellenbosch area. The service is efficient and friendly and the food is great! Thank you.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

The scones was very good, but their baked cheesecake is the best i've ever had. Loved their coconut hot chocolate. Our menus were just sticky from previous customers jams....

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

On every trip to Franschoek, we stop off at the berry farm for scones. They never disappoint. Scones are always fresh and warm and the jams are excellent. Choice of cheese or cream to top them off!

Well worth a visit.