“Great Experience”

Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Taking its name from a Greek mackerel fisherman that one of the owners once met while on holiday , Jimmy the Fish offers the freshest and most succulent seafood in Stellenbosch! They also offer an array of Mediterranean dishes to suit every palate and they cater to vegetarians and those who are Halaal. Surrounding its customers rustic relics from the ocean, this cosy and vibrant restaurant is the perfect dining destination for one and all. Whether you are looking to feed the whole family, have a romantic dinner or have business lunch meeting - this is the place to be! Join the friendly, well trained staff at Jimmy the Fish for lunch or dinner and you will find yourself a regular in no time. Don't miss the nightly predator feedings between 20:00 and 21:00 to see what is lurking in the fish tanks!
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Pretty it's not. Definitely basic in terms of ambiance but the food I had, in the context of what this place is, was superb. Started with the seafood chowder which quite frankly was a meal in itself. Followed that with the Manly Mustard burger. It takes a lot to make a burger stand out from the rest but, believe me, this had it. It was a Monday night and burgers were 50% off so the value for money was truly exceptional.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

We have been going to Jimmy the Fish for more than 10 years and went there for dinner last night after an absence of about 3 months . I have very seldom in my life been more disappointed at almost any restaurant . Prices went up , the food was terribly greasy , portions were hard to find on our plates and the waitress was pathetic . She insisted on speaking English , which she has clearly not mustered yet and got arrogant and rude when her mistakes were pointed out to her in the nicest possible manner .
It is clearly time to forget about the wonderful restaurant it once was and move on to somewhere else .

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I've over time lost my respect for Jimmy the Fish! Today we were here, the kids had chicken schnitzel and chips, while the chicken was tender the chips were under cooked. I wanted to lasagne but was told that they didn't have any and that they didn't have any yesterday either, i was always under the impression that they made fresh, clearly not if they did not have at lunch time the following day. The kiddies play area is also not maintained with almost all of the games not working. It will only be a matter of time that we NEVER come back to this place! I ended having the schnitzel as well, chicken also tender but chips not cooked properly!

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner by ordering 4 starters and shared because we couldn't decide. The baked prawn tails, seafood soup, chicken and avo stack, and pork belly. All of them were very tasty and all came together. Service was very good and attentive. We even had a fire place lit because it was chilly.

1  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Was there with my wife the otherday for a quick bite, All I can say was that the meal was very forgettable with what I would call below average service. My wifes calamari was OK, a bit tough. My fish as for certain not the best I have had. Only upside is the convenience to Paradyskloof for a easy meal. Would rather go next door to La Romantica as they have better food.