“Restaurant info”

Slipway Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Saldanha
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Saldanha Bay Harbour. Settled in a protected corner of the harbour. We offer sumptious freshly prepared seafood, calamari steaks, rings, oysters,freshly plucked from the bay. Mussels freshly havested from the bay and served in a variety of sauces or freshly steamed in shell and served with crispy chips. Snoek served with soetpatat, hake deep fried or grilled, kingklip.Meat and chicken dishes. Pastas, salads. Desserts. Our "BillHenry" bar is fully licensed. Open 7 days a week. Kitchen closes 16H00. Open evenings for functions,group bookings.( By prior arrangement ) We extend our hours over weekends and high holidays.
Reviewed 16 May 2018

This is not a review, but I have noticed that the restaurant at present and for the past couple of weeks was not open (2018/05/16). There have been some work activity inside,not sure what the situation might be. I have noticed quite often during this period that potential customers that were not aware, had to turn around. I would advise anybody interested in eating there, to just phone beforehand to confirm if the are open.
Restaurant is situated perfectly in a fishing harbour with great view and the last time I had a meal there it was good enough to want to visit again.

1  Thank NamibDust

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Nestled in a cul-de-sac in Saldanha harbor sits a little gem of a eatery. The food is authentic West Coast and the pace slow for you to relax at. Their calamari dishes are wonderful as well as some of the other fare on the menu.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Located in the fishing harbour in Saldana very quaint setting if a little run down, nice menu with plenty to choose from and an adequate wine list, note they do not do wine by the glass but they do have a 500 Ml bottle which was fine for us. The food is rather slow in coming out that said they do have a sign advising you of this, you need to allow 45 mins even when not busy, otherwise the service is good and prices reasonable. The portions are very big (in my opinion) there was no way I could finish mine. Parking can be a little tricky and it was not busy while I was there. Its good and I would go back next time I am in the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I am sure all their food is great, but we opted for the standard fish&chips and we were NOT disappointed. Sitting under an umbrella at the water’s edge savouring this excellent dish was memorable. One can spot the I&J deep water fishing boats from the deck we were sitting on...can one get fresher hake fish than that; I truly doubt it. I will travel a 100 kms for this meal.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is hidden away in the working docks of Saldanha port. The port provides a fascinating backdrop to lunch and we were happy to watch the divers at work on one of the wrecks while sipping our wine, waiting for lunch. There is definitely a wait involved as everything is cooked from fresh and the restaurant has a sign warning of a 45 minute wait at busy times. It is not the place for a quick lunch, but we felt that the warning sign gave good notice of that fact and we weren’t in a hurry anyway.
We chose two specials of the day, yellowtail and butterfish, which we shared. Both were delicious with the contrasting textures of the fish making for an interesting comparison. There was a good choice of wine and beer available. The service was friendly and we had a lovely time.