Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
StayForLong
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2018 via mobile

Came back to to this quaint little spot 19 years after getting married here
Same room and same everything! Really cool and nostalgic. Super clean and neat with aircons and just an all round awesome, quiet and chilled experience. We loved it.....19 years later!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I chose to stay at Zomerlust in Paarl this weekend, as I had stayed there before. We were attending a wedding at Lekkerwyn, Franshhoek, and didn’t want to drive back to Cape Town that same night.
It is very common for the temperatures to be very high in Paarl, and it was 38 degrees. We arrived to find a stiflingly hot room, unnecessarily. The air conditioning could have been switched on before our arrival. Easily. There is no fridge in the room, so no way of keeping anything cool, purchased from the bar or anywhere else. Why we had to stay in a room facing the main road is a mystery. The hotel seemed pretty empty, with only one other vehicle in the car park. The pool, a tiny plunge pool, which could have been very welcome, was ‘under construction’. It is October, season is here. I have to say the room was pretty and spacious, the bedding excellent and spotlessly clean. The staff who received us, cordial. My husband was hungry and ordered a toasted cheese and tomato, which he had to fetch himself, no room service, and pretty bland. The most disappointing was this morning. We got to an empty breakfast room, with fruit and yogurt, cheese and cold meats in open platters, with no covers and flies everywhere. We were told there was no coffee!!! What???? How does that work in a B&B? Pretty shocking at a whopping R1680 a night for the room. I will not return nor recommend it to anyone. Where were the owners? Where was the management? They left skeleton staff, armed with only apologies but not a solution. That perfect stonewalling ‘I am sorry’ which leads nowhere. Here is the perfect example of an establishment charging a professional fee for a service which is clearly anything but that.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I chose Zomerlust because for my purpose it was conveniently situated and I have been there to a function before. The room is average. Clean white linen, good bed, spacious for 1 person, coffee and tea making facilities and TV. The bathroom has a bath and shower and is clean but old. Room 6 is however not situated in the best location. The traffic noise and late night diners on the street make the room noisy. In front of the room is a security light attached to a neighboring wall which shines straight into the room and switches on and off all through the night. The shutters and blinds do not close tight and are unable to keep the bright light out.
The breakfast was sufficient with the normal spread.
The safe parking is a great bonus.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed twice in this lovely historical building. I love the feeling of it and the photos of good old days. The setting at the back is very much like a peaceful refuge whilst the front is directly on the busy Main Street. This did not stop me from having a good sleep. Reasonable internet connection and great lounge upstairs for business informal meetings. Breakfast... probably a weak point although the ladies are lovely and will do eggs in front of you which is nice the rest of the ingredients are not quite what you would expect from this otherwise very classy establishment.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Almost 20 years ago my newly wedded Husband carried me into one of the rooms at Zomerlust guesthouse. This weekend we had the privilege to revisit the same place, same room and was not disappointed. Friendly service, excellent food and pristine facilities was the usual treatment. Highly recommend it for a special stopover or celebration. Lovely garden a little depleted due to Western Cape drought and water restrictions but still enchanting.

Date of stay: April 2017