“Lamb Rump Steak fit for Royalty”

Cattle Baron Grill and Bistro Paarl
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in Paarl
Price range: US$19 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Cattle Baron in Paarl is a modern, streamlined and efficient operator. The store is owned by Franco Adams, operator within the group for more than 18 years. The Cattle Baron caters for the discerning businessman and the family dinner. We also contribute to the community by providing a Senior Citizens lunch buffet at reasonable prices. Sunday's we have a family open day with a choice of a la carte or our famous buffet with a variety of delicious roasts. Renowned for our mouth-watering steaks - the secret of our success lies in the preparation of our meat. Our perfectly aged, grain-fed beef is wet-aged ensuring our steaks are consistently juicy, tender and full of flavour. At Cattle Baron we offer a unique menu with simple, home-cooked dishes that reflect traditional elements of food. We pride ourselves on delivering to our customers elegant dining and unsurpassed standards of service in relaxed surroundings.
Reviewed 7 July 2019

I walked into the Cattle Baron Grill & Bistro without a Reservation and although they were pretty much full for lunch, I was lucky to be given a table. The Restaurant itself is beaufitully laid out with different eating areas, and with very classy decorations and finishes for a Steakhouse. However, today my review is all about the Lamb Rump Steak. I can say without a doubt, that it was the best piece of lamb I have eaten in my entire life. Yes, maybe the stunning Restaurant, the excellent service and beautiful red wine all influenced my decision, but, man oh man, believe me, that lamb was so good I am still dreaming about it, two weeks later. It made me think of President Trumps visit to the Royal Family this year, and I know the main course was also Lamb, and I wonder to this day if their Lamb was as good as the one I ate at the Cattle Baron. I cant wait to visit this Restaurant again, only to feast on this dish.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (310)

Reviewed 3 July 2019

Cattle Baron are one of the best Restaurants in Paarl with friendly staff and Superb Food to choose from
The atmosphere are wonderful and you will forget that there are other people around you - each table will get special attention from their waiter and they will tell you about specials and any meal recommended if you ask for that I only experienced good times there - Celebrations, Family Birthdays or outings with friends - Just the Best!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

Best in local food i had in a long time . I gladly recommend this place especially for families as well as for groups eating out.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 19 June 2019

We had lunch there and the location is very nice. Also the food was very good. A little more expensive then outside the park. Unfortunately the staff was a bit confused with some orders. Next time they do better.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Brilliant, comfortable and affordable. The Burger special never disappoints. The food was out in less than 10 minutes after we arrived. Very friendly and welcoming service.

When ever you feel a bit lazy to cook on a Monday, this is a great option.

Great to do in a big group of friends as well. The fact that there is no corkage on wine is an even bigger bonus!

Date of visit: May 2019