Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I have only dealt with a Kobus and Luche telephonically from the Paarl Boutique Hotel and through the appalling service received, i never want to go there ever!

I paid a deposit on the 1st of March for our trip which will be on the 29 April - 3 May and due to work commitments I have unfortunately had to cancel the trip and have thus requested the deposit to be refunded to me on the 9th of March and since then, Im being referred to this elusive manager Dawie who doesn't even have the decency to email me back or call to let me know if there is a problem with my request. Kobus and Luche on the other hand keep on assuring me that my money will be refunded in full, however, a week later nothing! I was given Kobus`s number but his cell 082 782 7590, rings and goes unanswered.

If anyone is need of terrible service and being given the run around, please go to the Paarl Boutique Hotel!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babongile2016
Reviewed 8 March 2016

We spent a night in the Garden suite room which was clean & comfortable.
Arrive in the bfast room. NO clean tables or even set. All tables dirty & used. Not a staff member insight to help. We took odd utensils left on the dirty tables to create our own "set" table. Eventually we had to walk upstairs into the kitchen to call for help.
A lady came to tell us what we can order but she was totally inappropriately dressed to work with food or guests.
Eventually the manageress on duty arrived & we kindly commented on the lack of a clean set table & assistance. She told us that other guests ate earlier but no apology for not re-setting one table for us plus it was still one hour before bfast ends.
The previous night the owner told us that we cannot miss their very special bfast, it is a must!
Well, it was overcooked, dry bacon, oily fried eggs and slices of raw tomato & cucumber. No freshly baked items, just bread from the shop. The view we got from the area where the food was prepared and the ladies.... made me lost my appetite completely.
NEVER again --- very very poorly trained staff!!!

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 30 January 2016

The hotel was built by a German many years ago. It was called Berghof ............

The place is under new ownership which seems to struggle to get things right. The rooms are big and comfortable, however the en-suite bathroom is totally outdated! Currently you only watch local TV channels, which is a bummer if you are a business traveler.
The towels are so hard that you can use them to massage your skin. Breakfast was up to standard.
The check-out procedure was rather lengthy, it took forever to print an invoice and it was suggested to the owner to invest in a new computer system.
The price for a standard room was totally over the top. R720 for one night including breakfast. Seems they want to recover their investment in a hurry. Good B&B's in Paarl go for about R200 (+/-) and there is nothing special to the hotel that would justify this price.

Room tip: Would not go there again
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Joerg H
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Not a hotel. Just a dodgy room. It's an ugly building that smells of smoke and the furniture is terrible and lights don't work and bathroom was an 80s pink disaster and I could go on but it's not worth it

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I only stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip, and when I got there I was quite impressed. It is located on top of a hill so once you find it, it has a stunning view. The room I stayed in (#18) was pretty big, with a lounge area and separate bedroom. After hearing a colleague complain about the place, I started noticing room for improvement. The bathroom is quite old, which is not a problem if everything is in a good condition, but the tub-shower-combo is a problem. As with most of them, 90% of the water ends up on the floor after taking a shower. The lounge area is nice, but this means that there is no TV inside the bedroom, which is nice for business trips. There were nothing in the mini bar, not even a still water in the room. When we went to the bar, they didn't have any water available, which explains the lack of water in the rooms. They were very low in alcoholic beverages as well, which is disappointing as they are centrally located and could have easily stocked up. It is really not bad, clean, comfortable rooms and quite good service, but I think they have the potential to be great. Not a cozy, romantic boutique hotel at all.

Room tip: Apparently some rooms are super small with showers only. Perhaps ask for a room in the main building.
Date of stay: November 2015