“Great for breakfast”

Kikka
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Paarl
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a coffeeshop and florist with an informal cafe vibe, providing breakfast, light lunches and take-outs. We bake our own cakes, mill our own wheat for the farm bread we bake, we also make our own gluten free/low-carb bread. We are fully licensed and have 2 branches in Paarl, soon to open a 3rd one. You can order cakes, gift hampers and flowers via email or phone and we offer delivery. We offer a variety of interesting health options, with Chef AB Conradie being the brain behind interesting offerings like fermented kombucha and kefir as well as sugar free ice teas and turmeric drinks.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We love to have breakfast at Kikka the food is great and really worth the money. Everytime after breakfast you feel well fed and relaxed

1  Thank Johann B

Reviewed 10 September 2017

On 22 Aug 2017, we stopped for a coffee and a sandwich at about 2.30. We were both hungry, as it was our first meal of the day, after a morning at the Sars office. Our coffees were lukewarm. The quiche of the day was hard and dry, my cutlery smelled of fish. The toasted sandwich my husband ordered was two thick slices of bread, unbuttered, untoasted and the egg was hard. We told the waitress about the food and she acknowledge that other people also complained about the quiche. I phoned the manager two days later about my complaint but have not heard a word from the owner. A place that I will always remember as where I had the worst meal of my life ever.

KikkaShop, Owner at Kikka, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hallo Disa

Thank you for your review. We are really sorry that you were disappointed with Kikka.
We will give extra attention to our quiche, since this is one of to top-selling items on Kikka's menu and we get a lot of returning customers for that. In terms of the sandwich, we buy wheat from a farmer who grows it as close to organic as possible, then we mill it on site and bake the Kikka "farm" bread. It is coarser and more filling than normal bread, though. We will make sure we cut thinner slices in future and maybe add a bit of butter on the outside too. Otherwise we would advice you to order the normal commercial white bread if you prefer a more traditional taste. We don't serve fish in our restaurant, so I'm not sure where the fish smell comes from...

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My friend and I stopped here on our way to Cape Agulhas. What a beautiful quaint coffee shop. The seating was so comfortable, service very good and the croissants delicious. Really worth another visit when I pass through Paarl

1  Thank Sportsbunny
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Always good to pop in for a quick chinwag while enjoying decadent cake, savouries and a cuppa and watching the florist pump out stunning bouquets.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a late breakfast during a weekend away. The place has great decor and a flower shop inside, making it a cosy melting pot of smells, sounds and sights. Staff is friendly and calm. The place is chilly in winter but that you get used to in Western Cape. It was packed when we came in but were served swiftly.

We opted for black tea, rooibos latte, Scottish eggs and savory pancakes with shredded lamb and creamy mushrooms. Absolutely great food. We will definitely come back once returning to Paarl.

2  Thank ArdHeinkens