“Romantic quick get away from the hussle and bussle”
Review of Cosecha Restaurant

Cosecha Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Paarl
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: cosecha is fresh latin cooking with vineyard views. The name, Spanish for "harvest", reflects our location next to the harvest area where grapes are sorted and crushed at Noble Hill wine estate. Ingredients are grown on the farm where possible, and we maintain a thriving pepper and vegetable garden which you are free to explore during your visit.
Reviewed 23 January 2017

My partner found this place by chance,on google maps. We wanted to get out of the city, did not want to drive to far. We were wowed from the moment we arrived until we left. The food was so authenic, fresh, different. I am a fussy eater and even I could find no wrong. Best is the fresh guacamole made at your table, the friendly waiters and the fact that I could move to the lawn next to the dam to finish off my wine with a devine piece of cheese cake. It was the perfect quick little get away we needed, the decor is stunning, beautiful succulants elegantly displayed, we are considering having our wedding there if they will have us, it is a small intimate little place and don't forget the wine tasting with its trustly dog greeting you as you enter this little piece of heaven.

Date of visit: November 2016
noblehill, Owner at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Hanette, thank you for writing and sharing your visit to Noble Hill: we appreciate it! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

A spur of the moment decision to visit Noble Hill, but what a decision it was. We enjoyed the wine and food tremendously and everything around was just eye candy and a wonderful experience. We will be back for more!

Date of visit: December 2016

Sonja, thank you so much for visiting. We are glad that you decided to stop at Noble Hill and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

I've had the good fortune of visiting Cosecha a small handful of times, and on each instance it has been a delight. Though breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and my Cosecha's breakfasts have been consistently delicious and filling, the real treat that I would recommend would be to visit Cosecha for lunch, when I can at least begin to justify pairing the food with Noble Hill's delicious wines. Special shoutout to the Rosé and Estate Blend!

I could go on about the food, but I want to give due attention to the ambiance. The design of the restaurant is impeccable, and the setting is incredibly serene. It was fun to see the winery starting to gear up for harvest!

I'll add that the service was prompt and friendly, and all in all I can't wait until I'm back!!

Reviewed 16 January 2017

We visited Cosecha twice in the last month (the last visit due to friends wanting to go). The positives of this restaurant (setting and value) do not nearly make up for the very poor service and mediocre, extremely bland food.

On both occasions we had to go look for a waiter to take our drinks order and food took a very long time to arrive.

On the first occasion the table next to us brought a dog which urinated on the floor and barked constantly - when I brought the matter to the attention of the manager he asked me what I thought he should do about it!

On the last occasion our waitress may be the rudest we have ever encountered with snarky remarks and a constant scowl.

Possibly the worst overall experience we have had at a restaurant in a very long time and will definitely not be back.

Date of visit: January 2017
noblehill, Owner at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear sir,

I am really sorry that you do not enjoy our restaurant. Certainly it is never our intention to disappoint. You have made a variety of complaints, so I risk being lengthy in response.

Your concerns about our food and service are uncomfortable to read, as we don't think of ourselves as failing in these regards. Certainly we are not perfect and can improve. At peak times during the busiest week of the year between Christmas and New Year's when you visited I find that we could sometimes be more responsive. We do our best to accommodate demand during this week that is greater than normal roughly by a factor of ten. Just having enough people employed to serve everyone during this week is challenging because this weeklong surge does not extend beyond the week between Christmas and New Year's. I am very sorry if you experienced service hiccups during this time. Staff training is a constant effort, and if we have failed in this regard I am truly sorry. We will reiterate the importance of politeness and responsiveness in staff training. I will endeavor to research the waitress that served you and speak to her about being friendly and responsive. We constantly revisit the preparation and flavour of our dishes with a view to ensuring that no dish is bland. Please feel free to write to me on kristopher@noblehill.com if there are specific recipe or preparation items you would like us to know about and improve upon.

I spoke to you when you raised your voice at me. You stood up from your table and complained to me within clear earshot of guests with a service dog as well as many other guests. I am the owner and winemaker and Noble Hill. I felt that you were being rude, and I am sorry if you were dissatisfied with the situation and my attempt to resolve it. After you raised your voice at me, I asked you what you would like me to do to resolve the situation, because while you mentioned how unhappy you were and how disruptive and unhygienic the dog was, you did not indicate what you would find to be a satisfactory resolution. I wanted honestly to know how you would like to deescalate the scene you made, and I feel this was a fair and honest question. I am sorry if you felt that it was not the appropriate response. Certainly the guests with the service dog heard your complaint and were watching as you complained to me. I was not sure how to best address this uncomfortable situation to the satisfaction of all parties.

After you raised your voice at me, I went to the table with the service dog and asked them if we could move them to another table which had been vacated moments prior. They declined because they were finished eating and promptly left. I checked in again with your table after the dog’s departure to ensure that the situation was resolved to your party's satisfaction and apologized for the disruption to your meal.

I agree that the service dog was making more noise than it should have. Service dogs serve important roles in our society and in return for their service have certain rights. I am not an expert on these rights and attempted to mediate the situation as best I could given that you were being loud and rude in front of other guests.

This service dog was revealed to me later to be a mountain search and rescue dog in training with K9 Search and Rescue South Africa, a volunteer organisation that is tasked with searching for people lost in wilderness settings throughout the country. The owners of the service dog wrote to me after this incident to apologize for the awkward situation and wrote that they felt that the situation was handled well. Clearly it was not handled to the equal satisfaction of both parties, and I am sorry about this. Had we known of the dog in advance or had other tables available at the time the guests with the dog arrived, we would have seated the party with the dog at a table with more space on the lawn.

From your other reviews on this web site, it would appear that you do not enjoy dining out very much and while we wish to change your opinion on this it may not be within our means to do so. We expect not receive you again as a visitor at Noble Hill, and I apologize for your unpleasant experience.

Best regards, Kristopher Tillery
Director, Noble Hill Wines Pty. Ltd.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Decided on this establishment from its recommendations on a Facebook restaurant review group. The Mexican menu appealed to our spicy palette. Setup was tastefully done in keeping with a relaxed Mexican setting. The food presentation was good, the taste was slightly lacking. The wine and desserts were great. Next would book the picnic was the lake setting was very tranquil. Would definitely try again.