“Superb food....”

Cuisines: African, Italian, Steakhouse, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Superb food and a menu to die for...oh yes...and wonderful ambiance and service.... shuttle service provided to nearby hotels and game farms.

1  Thank Meredithonthebeach

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Service a bit slow and the menu very "meat heavy". The portions are enormous. Mostly used by locals. Great if you are really hungry!

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed a well-cooked and tasty meal at this restaurant one evening. The chicken schnitzel (with wedges and vegetables) was cooked to perfection.

Travelling alone, I was given a seat at the bar, which was fine until my meal was served and a member of the bar staff plus two clients chose to smoke without concern next to me. After I requested to move, a member of the restaurant team kindly moved me, but that was the end of any customer service and I was left to collect/pay the bill on my own.

With a little more thinking and a smile from members of the bar team, this could become a five-star restaurant.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

What to say? Was recommended however disappointing lacks ambience and Menu over priced by comparison to say Nostalgie down the Road who has great choice, value and service.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We were staying a little out of town at the Altes Landhaus and wanted somewhere to dine on New Years eve. Rather than having to drive we discovered that the restaurant operated a shuttle service to collect and return us to our guest house, very welcome after the consumption of a couple of glasses of wine! The food was well up to expectations and the atmosphere was good despite it being quite a large restaurant. Service was prompt and attentive - thanks are due to our hotel for the recommendation!