Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

I always stop here for breakfast when I'm visiting the area. Love the setup and variety of items on sale. Met the owners before and very friendly etc. Sadly this time I was disappointed :(

Staff friendly and helpful. Ordered roosterkoek, coffee and hot chocolate. After 20 min I stood up to ask where our drinks where. We sat inside as it was a little chilly outside, so we might have been forgotten? I notice only 1 couple outside so note sure why it took so long. After our breakfast was served, (35 min later) the waitress litterly disappeared. Never checking back to see if we needed anything (was looking for some sauce and wanted to ask about the freshness of the roosterkoek).

The roosterkoek was definitely not freshly made. I was a little confused after the 1st bite as we waited 35 min for it, so was under the impression they are being freshly made) I was not in the mood to stand up again as I was hungry and in a hurry so ate 70% of it. (As there was no time to order something else to eat anyways, seeing this order took around 35 min to get to us and it's not even freshly made). Fillings.....good! We realized that nobody was planning to check up on us again and decided to walked to the front to pay. I did ask about the freshness of the roosterkoek and was informed it was made the day before. I was very annoyed and informed the waitress / shop assistant / what ever she does, that she could have informed me when I placed the order - as I would have preferred freshly made roosterkoek. Roosterkoek the next day taste rubbery.

Would I recommend this stop? Definitely a big yes! But ask about the freshness 1st. Ohhhhh, service has always been great - so not sure what happened.

Trip type: Travelled with family
belladekaroo, Marketing at Bella de Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear Neels

My sincerest apologies on behalf of Bella, i will ensure this matter is seen to and attended correctly. On the other note, we thank you for the kind words said and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped for a quick bite to eat. The kudu steak pies are reasonably priced and packed with gamey meat - very tasty. Interesting bric-a-brac in the shop too. Prices seem reasonable in comparison to other local stops

Dear Gary

Us at Bella, are delighted you chose to stop at our facility for a bite to eat and we thank you for the kind words.

We hope to see you in the near future and possibly experience our accommodation too.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the delicious platter for two washed down with their homemade lemonade on the lovely cool verandah in the Karoo heat - Bella Karoo is a little oasis and worth a stop. There's also a small shop.

Dear Dawn

we at Bella, thank you for the kind words and are very delighted you enjoyed your platter for two and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Wonderful host, better food and the most amazing atmosphere. Thank you so much to Linda and her team for making our stay so extraordinary. Beautiful view and the most incredible sunsets! Will be coming back soon!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
belladekaroo, Front Office Manager at Bella de Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

It was our pleasure having such amazing guest like you here at Bella de Karoo. Please come and visit again soon!!
Regards
Linda

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Vegetable Soup outstanding, easy and safe parking. Rustic, farm style ambiance. We will be back. Good an friendly service. Prices very reasonable. Child friendly and easy location. By all means give them a try!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
belladekaroo, Public Relations Manager at Bella de Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thank you so much for this nice review. Please come and visit Bella de Karoo again in the near future. Kind regards Linda