“Local place”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2024

Nice little restaurants, also favoured by locals. We had ostrich amongst other choices, the food was good and the ambience lovely. Friendly people who made sure we got home safely.

Reviews (1 496)

9 - 13 of 1 497 reviews

Reviewed 16 May 2024

What a wonderful experience me and my wife had at this gem of a restaurant. Delicious satisfying good portioned home made food at its best! Great service and wonderful romantic ambience.

Highly recommend and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 12 May 2024

The atmosphere was like out of a horror movie, I didn't even dare lean back on my chair. I understand the idea of it being old fashioned but this was too far, the walls and floors seem very unkept. To top it all off there was a cockroach crawling on top of the menu, I have never felt more uncomfortable at a restaurant before in my life. My water was served in a plastic bottle with a hole in the bottom where water leaked out. The food was good but unfortunately the atmosphere did not match this. Nostalgia? More like Nightmare.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 6 May 2024

With my wife and kids we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Nostalgie in Oudtshoorn. We had the most delicious Boboti. The weather was great allowing us to dine outside on the terrace / garden. Thank you Nostalgie and Leroy who was there for our service this evening!

Reviewed 29 April 2024 via mobile

Lovely setting and "stoep"! We had breakfast and I agree with Jaco B (check his review too) this is THE place to eat. Lovely home baked bread and scrambled egg was really well made, seeing as scrambled is not so easy to get right and serve hot. Hubby's mince on toast was a winner.
Just one comment about the coffee: Apart from the (my fetish) non-microfoam flat white, I seriously doubt the water used for coffee is filtered plus possibly no barista/machine. Rather have a good strong filter coffee served in a small plunger with hot milk. Even hubby's filter coffee wasn't up to standard, confirming my water/machine suspicions.

Date of visit: April 2024