Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2019

Wow! What can I say? The Pezula Private Castle is without a doubt one of the "best kept secrets" in South Africa. I am in awe of this beautiful place on this beautiful beach... Jeanne Stander and his team are outstanding with everything they do and are always so ready to assist.
This is a unique stay - something that will be with you forever and ever. The castle decor is pure opulence and luxury, yet you don't feel out of place or uncomfortable running into the castle with wet bare feet after playing around and swimming on the private beach.
The breakfasts and spoils are to die for, my little Honeymoon Castle was simply adorable and tastefully decorated with a private plunge pool.
I could actually stay here forever.
I want to give Pezula Private Castle TEN stars... And I will definitely return to this fabulous amazing place!!!

Room tip: ALL the rooms have amazing views! Go wild!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2019 via mobile

Remarkably the best 5 star venue we have ever encountered. Set in the exclusive Noetzie conservancy, Pezula Private Castle encompasses everything you'd expect in this example enteric venue and then some. 🙏🏻

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ryanarthurmoss
Reviewed 1 April 2019

From the moment we were welcomed to Pezula Private Castle, we were treated like family/royalty.

Nothing was too much trouble for our host Jeanne Stander, and his knowledge about the property and its history was so interesting.

The rooms were spectacular - real luxury and space, with views over the breathtaking Noetzie beach.

We loved the location, the peace and the sound of the ocean.

We also loved the freshly baked croissants and tasty fruit salad for breakfast!

If only every weekend could be spent in a location like this...

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

This place, made me and my fiancé’s dreams come true!

The staff here at Pezula Private Caste went beyond the call of duty to make our time here extra special! We truly appreciate all that was done for us, I have never experienced better service in my life and I have been at quite a number of hotels on the garden route and beyond.

The Property Manager, Jeanne, needs to be specifically commended as he was extraordinary in what he arranged for us during our stay.

Words cannot describe the beauty of this caste and no picture does the experience justice, I would go back any chance I get.

I do not have a moment’s regret in sourcing out this place for such an important part in our lives, thank you Pezula Private Caste.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouwAndre
Reviewed 10 June 2005

Admittedly, my husband had to convince me to come here. But, I am grateful for it now. It was one of the most romantic settings I could imagine, staying in a private castle with a door that opens straight onto a pretty much secluded beach. You went to sleep with the sound of the crashing waves in the background. There were only four suites. We stayed in the Penguin suite (2nd largest after the Oyster Suite). Surprisingly, the castle was not that old, having been built around 1970. The décor was warm and comforting with mostly light earthtones fabrics and wrought-iron accent pieces. Accommodation was luxurious with comfortable beds and modern bathrooms. It is really a place to escape from it all, given that there is no mobile phone reception there, no land telephones (except for 1 in the kitchen), no television, nor radio in the rooms. Electricity is powered by a generator and was only available during core hours of roughly between 7-11am and 4-11pm. Water heating and in-room heating is all gas burner, making it a little smelly. Meals tend to be a long winded gastronomic experience lasting up to three hours. Even the breakfasts took up to two hours (painfully slow at times). However, they were more than happy to cater to any dietary requirements since they were serving a maximum of eight guests. The food was all very delicious and well prepared and presented. The service was always polite and graceful. The best part of it all was the beach. The Noetzie beach had five castles on it including the Phantom. Two were truly old and uninhabited, reserved for historical purposes. The other one was a tacky B&B and built without imagination. The beach was mostly deserted and the views, sounds, smells, feel of it was just priceless. We enjoyed some very memorable times gazing out into the distant ocean in the mornings and evenings We had heard that Pezula (a huge real estate developer in Kysna) had bought the castle. It was expected to close at the end of April and its future under new management was uncertain.

Date of stay: April 2005