All reviews stained glass windows zig zag garden route name suggests yellow wood waterfront shops busy road breakfast spread duty manager first floor a small swimming pool nice balcony hotel is situated short stay pleasant stay stayed here for nights breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Decent size rooms. Only it's bit outdated. Excellent friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended. Actually made of logs. Different feeling in the reception.

Just few mins walk to the waterfront. Nice breakfast spread. They don't serve lunch or dinner.
They even arranged and booked a table for us at the restaurants on the waterfront.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We had stayed here for 2 nights and it was awesome. Very clean and comfortable and cozy stay. Breakfast was too good as whatever we order they will get on the table. Staff is very co-operative and gentle. Happy to stay here .

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2018

First off, I take exception to the negative reviews posted recently. I have stayed at this property 3 times over 6 years and will do so again. Super friendly staff, comfy and clean accommodations and a very good breakfast. Great security as even the parking is access controlled by humans. The bar is small but more than adequate for beer, wine and mixed drinks. As for taking your bag up one single flight of stairs, if you require a porter or an elevator, stay elsewhere. The ONLY negative for me is that they don't always enforce the no smoking policy on the patio/veranda/balcony. The garden is NOT overgrown, It's a miniature nature preserve with a small swimming pool in the middle and it's pretty darn cool. I hope the naysayers do stay elsewhere the next time they are in Knysna and spare us the petty gripes as you are being totally unfair.

Room Tip: Get a garden side room and let the chirping birds gently wake you in the morning
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Nice hotel central for the waterfront shops and restaurants.Very pleasant staff clean and comfortable rooms. Good choice of breakfast which was a self service.Tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Rooms remind me of my Nan's house before it's remodel 15 years ago. They have updated with new lamps etc. which improve it but the bathroom reminded me of every bad motel in an American movie I've ever seen.

All very clean though. Excellent house keeping team .

There are no double beds just singles pushed together and still made up as singles. That is a pet hate of mine.

We had a view of the service entrance, people smoked on their balconies and the smell drifted into our room . Cute dog in the garden behind though which was nice.

Breakfast was a good spread and pretty tasty. Compliments to the egg chef and the cinnamon pancake chef they were top notch! Very busy as coach trips all leave early.

Check in guy was a little short with us. Think they refer the big groups rather than couples. They got us a porter for our bags only after I enquired about a lift where as I noticed they took all the coach loads of people's bags straight away.

We were only there for 2 nights and pretty glad. Worst hotel of our road trip I'm afraid. Think it was pretty cheap though at least!!

4 star in South Africa does not seem to equal 4 star in Europe. (but having said that little place in St Francis was full of lovely touches that meant it definitely earned its 4!!)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple