Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
R 1 595
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
R 1 278
Breakfast included
Easy and fast booking
All reviews homemade bread ann marie studio room guest house one night an excellent place to stay nice breakfast warm welcome town centre friendly hosts small pool walking distance breakfast room whale watching enjoyable stay the cliff a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2020 via mobile

Not only are the Annamarie and Dave wonderful hosts, The Potting Shed Guest House is filled with beautiful hand made artworks and fine touches which add great character. The rooms are clean, private and very well decorated. The guest house is located in a wonderful location, situated between the sea and mountains and only a 5 minute walk into the centre town. I wouldn’t want to have stayed anywhere else! 🐳

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
The Potting Shed Accommodation, Owner at The Potting Shed Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Thank you George.

Reviewed 9 November 2020

Would definitely go again when I'm in hermanus it would the first place I would check for space ,at a decent price . I cant even begin to describe the amazing breakfast pancakes and the homemade lemony syrup ,thank you the potting shed

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you!!!

The lemon curd was always special for me on a Sunday morning when I was a child and stayed over at my Grandmas house.

It's a pleasure to make it for my guests.

Annamarie :)

Reviewed 15 October 2020

Friendly welcome, great decor, clean and comfortable, generous breakfast with homely extras like the bread and muffins.... And my extra cups of coffee! The owners are hands on and eager to please. The staff friendly and helpful. Pretty courtyard and pool area. Felt safe

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Potting Shed Accommodation, Owner at The Potting Shed Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2020

Thank you for your review... Glad you had a nice time and also felt safe - it's all such a nightmare at the moment - but I think we are doing a good job so far with meeting regulations and keeping ourselves, staff & guests safe.

Hope you will be back soon,
Annamarie

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

What a wonderful time away. Wish we could have stayed longer.
Everything of this guest house is well thought out and perfected.
From following covid regulations and still having the personal touch the hosts have shown all the care and love in every detail
We stayed in the studio and weather was raining but its has deck area with furniture to enjoy the sun shine and with the gas braai to enjoy your steak. Mini kitchen and coffee and tea station. Fans for hot weather, wall heaters, hot water bottels and extra blankets. Cute extra dining area as so spacious.

Bathroom is beutiful and bring extra bubble bath for that long soak in the bath tub.
The host have thought of everything and the love is shown in the details.

Breakfast in the dining room and brought out as you need or to your request.

Try the pancakes and lemon curd.
All with the extra touches with herbs from the garden. And dont forget the home made bread and mini muffins.
Absolutely clean everywhere. And a delight to relax away from Cape Town.
Hosts also were so helpful with recommendations for local eating spots and activities.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

What a lovely review - thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I hope you will be back again soon - and for longer.

All the best - Annamarie

Reviewed 5 October 2020

My husband and I were given a gift of a quick honeymoon away from home. My parents are frequent tourists around South Africa and enjoy the scenery and peace that our country has to offer. Hermanus has always been a beautiful peaceful town, so it made for a lovely quiet getaway. Our stay at The Potting Shed was nothing less than perfect. The hosts, Annamarie & Dave, had decorated the room with a 'Just Married' banner, a little bottle of champagne, and a lovely note wishing us well. I was impressed with the level of concern and preparedness that was displayed. They took into account everything required to make you feel safe and still welcome during this pandemic. The breakfast was beautifully presented and personally catered to our requirements (best pancakes I have had since my childhood!). The impeccable taste in decor and the creativity and skill that Dave has shown through in each wall of every room. Each wall has been handcrafted into a piece of artwork, which the host created himself. I was blown away at the delightful warmth and personal feel the immense from each room. I would recommend The Potting Shed to everyone, this beautiful little spot located at the perfect distance from the town centre, the mall and the nature reserve is more than just a getaway spot, it is a home away from home. Thank you, Annamarie and Dave, for making our honeymoon feel so special.

Room tip: Peaceful & strategically located
Date of stay: September 2020

Hello Tazz,

It was a pleasure to host on your special occasion. Thank you so much for your wonderful review.