For a fifth year we have come to Misty Waves for two weeks and for a fifth year we have enjoyed every moment. We love it because it is so very much a family affair and the Lerm family are a delight. One real up front star of the show is the beautifully elegant Samantha, Head Manager, an ageless Tinkerbell figure for whom nothing is too much trouble. And working alongside her on reception:.... the amazing and lovely Nobs with the biggest smile in Hermanus, Nicoline,who is not only pretty but is the politest and most modest girl in the world, the handsome and vivacious Lorenzo and the super courteous Ryan who appears totally unphased by anything and should have been part of the Downton Abbey cast. Housekeeper Shelly-Ann goes quietly about the hotel covering a countless multitude of things both small and great which makes her one of the unsung stars of the show. Samantha will introduce you to her friend the hotel cat Misty who ensures he is the only cat around and (for those not over-fond of cats) is spotlessly clean. These are all great people who create the perfect hotel with kind courtesy, charm, and much good humour.. Cheerful General Workers are always at hand. Be sure to look out for the never to be repeated Andries who has been with the family for some thirty five years. He together with such as James, Desmond and George are always there to help and will not allow you carry anything without their assistance. The bedrooms are fabulous, spacious and comfortable.... and there is a great variety so do ask about different choices. The ladies who clean the rooms go about their duties quietly and politely and will also ensure you have everything you need. After a Misty Waves breakfast we personally have no need of lunch... a huge choice of fresh fruit, cold meats, and a fine choice of cooked goodies. And if you cant find something you like it will be there for you next day. In our case it was blueberries! Charming and friendly service.
Finally the hotel atmosphere is one of great tranquility and peacefulness. Of course there are the occasional moments when there is busy bustle when a lot of new guests arrive, but before long the impressive main hall returns to its usual calm with just a tiny suggestion of music in the background which echoes very quietly up and around the mounting staircase .... although after a few days you may have heard 'Fur Elise' or 'Don't cry for me Argentina' possibly just once too often!! But that is being very picky and I only slip it in in case you thought I had no criticisms at all!
They say there is no place like home and that is true. But if I ever had a second home I think Misty Waves would be it.
Robert Prance from Salisbury, England.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The hotel outsourced their restaurant to two well known restauranteurs and it moved to the popular fisherman's heritage cottage "Mon Desir" next to the hotel pool. The buffet breakfast is still outstanding and hotel management on duty ensure that the restaurant provide the same high quality, presentation and service as in the past. Enjoy the sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. New additions such as addiditonal luxury suites and a lovely 16 seater cinema/theater are now available for the use of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique