Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$265
US$215
Four Pines Lodge(Hermanus)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$122
US$105
Windsor Hotel & Apartments(Hermanus)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$239
TripAdvisor
Oude Schuur(Vermont)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsheritage cottagelovely hotelhoneymoon suitefour poster bedcupcakestop floorpool areabuffet breakfastfew minutes walkrooms are largemain buildingfirst floorcentre of townwhale watchingsea frontstayed here for one nightpublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Took the family to Hermanus for quick getaway. We had luxury apartment in the Annex (which is close to main hotel). We ate dinner and breakfast at hotel. Truly a great experience. It's not our first stay and as always we leave with a huge smile.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2016

We had the privilege of staying at this hotel for two nights which is to short.
From the moment we arrived we made to feel very welcome in every way possible.
The manager checked us in and they showed us up to our room which had awesome views of the ocean and if there were whales we would have seen them from the comfort of our own bedroom/balcony.
The place is beautifully decorated and done in very good taste.
The menu for lunch and dinner is small but more than adequate and they put on a great spread for breakfast.
The location is great as if there is to much traffic you could walk into town and enjoy some of their fine eating places as well.
You also have choices of family rooms, suites and standard rooms but I must say that there is nothing standard about this hotel.
You arrive as strangers and you leave as friends this is a true gem of a hotel who will definitely be seeing me and my family again.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Each time we have visited we have wished we could stay longer. Rooms are beautifully decorated and ideally situated to ensure the best possible experience. Pool and verandah area is relaxing and inviting. Staff are very helpful. On this trip the breakfast facilities were housed in the front cottage which afforded a good view out over the ocean but I preferred it when it was housed within the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Personally I prefer the Annex section of the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2016

a surprise (last minute) booking for my parents, for their wedding anniversary was handled with SUCH professionalism and attention to details - wow.

HUGE thank you for Samantha and her team for spoiling my parents!
great feedback received - everything from: check-in process, room, sleep quality through to the great breakfast served!

wow guys, wow.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2016

We had very high expectations on this hotel as we had read very nice reviews and hear many good things. The hotel has a very particular style which is a bit too old for my taste. Too much gold and heavy decorated.

We were a little bit unlucky with the weather as it was slightly raining during the only whole day that we had there. The whales where already gone so we were wondering what to do instead. As we asked one of the employees at the reception what would she recommend, she almost laughed in our face and told us "there is not much to do here". I mean I honestly expect from somebody working at the front desk of a hotel to promote the city she/he is living in or at least fake it while she is working otherwise I guess it would be better for her to change job if she/he is unable to offer an appropriate travel tips for her/his hotel guests.

The breakfast was correct, nothing over the top but complete.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Honeyontravel, General Manager at Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The style of the hotel (or any hotel for that matter) obviously cannot be for everyone’s taste, you mention you read the reviews before coming, and had you also looked at the pictures of the hotel, you would have seen the style of the hotel in the foyer area – not too much gold, and beautifully furnished with many antique and even imported classy items. Rooms however are NOT in antiques but impressive furniture as per our guests.

The weather has been very changeable recently, and I am sorry you were a bit unlucky with this. I also would like to apologize for the response you received from one of my staff – I am shocked at this, as we all love and promote Hermanus as an amazing destination, and would love guests to be able to stay for several days to enjoy what we have to offer. There is an abundance of outdoor activities to enjoy, but even if the weather is not so good, then there are still many things to enjoy, - a visit to the Whale Museum, many art galleries, The Hemel en Aarde wine valley for wine tasting, several vineyards also offering beer tasting, our relax in our in-house cinema…. And of course very popular is our in-house massages in the comfort of your own room.
In each room there is an information file with a variety of about 25 special and entertaining “Things to do”, as well as the same list prominently placed at the reception desk for our guests – but the staff here should also be able to help and advise you with other options if you did not see any of your choice on the list. (The staff member actually indicated to me that she thought you needed additional ideas than those suggested on the list and being weather dependent Whale and shark tours and the outdoor activities such as tree sliding, sandboarding and quadbike tours etc was not a good idea. She did not had bad intentions as she was just concurring that the weather was bad and besides from the huge list there was not a lot more to do due to the weather. She is very sorry that you misread her answer as being rude) But I mentioned to her that you might not even have read your room file to be enlightened as to activities in our area for all weather purposes – it will not happen again ;))
I hope you will be able to visit again in the future and have better luck with the weather!
Kind Regards,