“Great venue for special occasions”

The Daily Bread Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 116 Restaurants in Hermanus
Description: Just off Voelklip Beach, opening early to cater to the early risers and offering Dinners under the stars. Coffees, pastries, a wide selection on Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners. Seafood; Steaks; Pastas and Pizzas. Cocktails and a wide selection of Wines and Craft Beers. We have something for everyone.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently we had a great Family Birthday Lunch for me organized by my husband. 15 of my nearest and dearest met for a Sunday Celebration to enjoy my special day! Everyone had a great time and the preparations were superb...printed menus, place names, flowers and delicious food served by attentive staff....I felt very spoilt!
This last week I organized a Brunch for the local girls of Rustenburg Girls ‘ High School and 25 of us met and had an amazing morning chatting and reminiscing despite pouring rain! Beautifully set tables, individual menus and place names, stunning quiches ,orange juice and bubbly with selected coffees impressed us all. Hats off to Kim and Giovanni who cared for all our needs and organized a wine tasting from Creation as the cherry on the top!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely friendly place, just up from the beaches in Voelklip- making an excellent sot for breakfast after a morning walk. We all enjoyed the food and the coffee was particularly good. The place has been under new management for almost a year and they have done an excellent job in tuning up the service and food here. Casual but spot on with the food.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast at The Daily Bread on our last day in Hermanus. The restaurant is in a cosy corner shop with interesting decor. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. I'd read alot of reviews praising their croissants so when I placed my order for a almond croissant and the waitress said they didn't have any I was ready to cry. Luckily, we spotted the trays going into the oven and were told it would be a 20 minute wait - so we sipped our coffee and waited patiently. When it finally arrived the croissant was worth the wait! Fresh from the oven it was melt in your mouth, heavenly goodness..we even took away a chocolate one to have with our afternoon tea and even that was super delicious! My husband had the breakfast wrap and said it was a great mix of fresh flavours. Overall, the food and coffee was great and so was the service - we will definitely pop by for coffee and a croissant the next time we're in Hermanus.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Decided to go for a light lunch...tried the Bolognese and Alfredo pastas...goid sized servings ...both very good. My son loved his croissant and baby chino...the steak and chips and burgers also looked delicious, so we will be back to give it a try.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We had a delicious meal this morning. Service was great , coffee was great and the best fish and chips ever. Eggs florentine to die for, well worth a visit