Staying here for two nights. Arrived on a very calm sunny day and several whales just off the shoreline which we could see from the hotel grounds and hear. Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff. White bed linen which was folded down in the evening. Went to the restaurant, staff service excellent and you could see food being cooked. The attention to detail was very impressive. Would highly recommend the fish curry, one of the best dishes I have ever tasted.
Hermanus village is in the doorstep and you can do the lovely cliff top walk.
Has a lovely spa.
Check weather forecast as if it is showing rain when you arrive highly probable that boat trips are cancelled due to current. Worth leaving Cape Town early if it's a sunny day and catching a boat trip on the day you arrive. However we saw boats on the day we arrived watching the same whales we saw from coastline.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marine is one of the southern hemisphere's most spectacular seaside Relais & Chateaux properties. Perched on the cliffs, overlooking Hermanus's Walker Bay, The Marine boasts 40 individually decorated bedrooms and suites. This unforgettable property overlooks South Africa's most pristine whale sanctuary, and it is just a stone's throw from one of the greatest densities of the endangered Great White Shark, and selection of fynbos species in the Cape. The Marine offers guests the unique opportunity to experience the finest land-based whale watching in the world. From June to September guests are able to view these majestic creatures from the comfort of their beautiful sea-facing bedroom. The attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of this remarkable owner managed property - from the personal service to the exceptional cuisine which is overseen by The Collection by Liz McGrath's Grand Chef, Peter Tempelhoff, the perfect-for-sundowners Sun Lounge and the in-house Carchele Beauty Spa. Each piece of The Marine story adds another element to an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Marine Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marine Hermanus Hotel Hermanus
- The Marine Hotel Hermanus