“The best steak ever. That’s all”

Char'd Grill & Wine Bar
Ranked #7 of 140 Restaurants in Hermanus
Price range: US$4 - US$28
Description: A bespoke establishment with elements of industrial and steampunk design that incorporates vintage features with anachronistic modern technology. The interior creates a sassy and sophisticated fantasy world. At Char'd the emphasis is on unusual and innovative cuts of meat as well as the old time classics.Char'd team creates simple, yet innovative, elegant and flavourful food.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I don’t need to say anything else, we are a couple of foodies who have travelled the world eating out and this was the best steak we have both ever had, go try it!

2  Thank 137HelenC137

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is the second time during April that I've visited the restaurant. The first time was with friends and this time I was there with family. I like the decor - something 'different'. The service was both times excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious - everybody was very pleased with what they have ordered.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Char’d is everything that Hermanus has been crying out for. Unlike the rest of the tourist traps in town, Char’d manages to pull off a balance of atmosphere, entertainment, product and service.

The knowledgeable staff talk steak with you to ensure that you get exactly what suits your particular taste. A trip to the wine fridge, gin sensory experience and bar can keep you entertained before your meal arrives - (just some value-adding extras!).

I’m not the biggest fan of a T-bone, but the waitress talked me into ordering a dry-aged one and wow - undoubtedly the best T-bone I have ever eaten!

We shared an exquisite dessert - a combination of a dense chocolate cake with burnt marshmallows and a chilli vanilla ice cream. It was amazing.

At last there is a classy steak restaurant in central Hermanus that I will return to on a regular basis!

1  Thank DougDeBruyn
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best steak I’ve had. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent.
The service superb and it was great value,

I’d definitely go back!!

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I’m currently in Hermanus for a week on a business trip. I have already been eating here 3 times so far and everything has been great! Food, wine, service , ambience... best restaurant in Hermanus so far for me.