“Great little place for lunch”
Review of Source

Source
Ranked #6 of 119 Restaurants in Hermanus
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Description: At Source its all about getting back to basics and supporting local. Creating gastronomic delights. We try and support small local producers as far as possible. The wine list focuses on wines from the Overberg region. Sourdough bread baked daily in our wood burning oven. Deli. Open 7 days a week for breakfast and lunch 8am - 4pm.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We virtually stumbled across Source on our way into Hermanus - just off the main road in a farm village near a busy cross roads. But it was worth making the effort to pop in. The decor is minimalistic but really funky; the food is simple but beautifully presented with a few quirky twists - I had poached pear and blue cheese salad - which was incredibly tasty and looked great on the plate. There are great cakes, pastries, a selection of wines from the neighbouring vineyard, and wonderful coffee. Just a shame they didn't open for supper otherwise we would have been there again!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

All the food was great. We we're suprised they didn't have any Whale Haven wine as it is next door and stunning. The wine we did order was good but room temperature and according to the various wineries, having wine served at a lower "cellar temperature" does alter the flavour. The service has been so good and the staff so accommodating with the food being pretty damn spectacular that I think to give 4 stars just based on wine temperature is a bit unfair.

Lastly, if you're a cheese lover do yourself a favour and order the smoked camembert ;)

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Felicity Jane arranged a private cooking lesson with Warrick at Source Restaurant as a gift for me. What a most amazing evening. We had the restaurant to ourselves. The lesson started with an knife skills using Warrick's razor blade pairing and cutting knives. Then- how to cook vegetables- different techniques, tastes, results. Complimentary tastes and flavours/when to use salt- and when not to. How to transform simple Hake into a dish fit for any gourmet. What not to do to duck. All with Warwicks amazing knowledge, passion for cooking and the fact that he is a really nice (I hate that word) man. Sipping on a sublime Chardonnay (which I don't usually like) and then enjoying the feast we had prepared with Felicity Jane. Vegetables tasting like I've never made them before. All in all-an experience I enjoyed completely- already told her that's what I want as my birthday gift next year!!

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

A lovely restaurant close to where my parents live in Hermanus. The decor is absolutely stunning and the presentation of the food is perfect.

We chose this restaurant because we googled ‘gluten free restaurants in Hermanus’ and this was one of the choices. Sadly, the only dish on the menu that was gluten free was the Risotto (which was delicious) and we were told by our waitress that no other dishes could be made gluten free, hence only 4 stars as every other restaurant that we visited in Hermanus, Cape Town and Camps Bay were extremely happy to prepare ‘some’ other dishes gluten free.

My father said the fish cakes are the best he has ever tasted!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Popped into for a quick bite to eat for lunch. Boy oh boy! Please do come and try the mayonnaise! Best I have ever had. Delicious bread and carpaccio! Everything really enjoyable and sommer net “flippen lekker”.

Highlight of the day! The cheesecake! Wow!

Will most certainly be back.

Beautiful setting, delicious food and excellent service.