“Amazing food that's affordable ”
Review of Cafe Serefe

Cafe Serefe
Ranked #14 of 115 Restaurants in George
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Although Turkish elements are still present in the foods and ambience, the emphasis moved to serving outstanding South African cuisine at the most affordable prices.
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Considering the amount of food and the quality, the menu is not expensive at all. The starter with fig and camembert was magnificent. Service was great, as was the wine list. Coffee and dessert platter was different but definitely worth a try.

Thank Michelle Bronwy... L

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Claims to be a Turkish restaurant but the meze served was Greek and all the sauces and vine leaves came from the shop downstairs and can be bought in any supermarket.
Service and food was mediocre . I have visited Turkey on 3 occasions , so was disappointed.

JolindyDreyer, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Serefe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Good day Marie-Lynne
We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Having visited Turkey ourselves, we fell in love with the Mediteranean way of life and that is one of the reasons we opened Café Serefe, a Turkish-themed restaurant with South African authenticity. Our shop downstairs is an extension of the business, and due to popular demand, we have made some items available for public purchase. Greece, as you no doubt know, is also part of the Mediteranean, and many of the region dishes have shared roots and overlap, such as the meze and dolmades that we offer on our menu. We are passionate about what we do, and we take great trouble to source the best quality to offer to our guests.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I would have given 5 *, but our waitress was quite rude and as we were waiting at the table for the rest of the party to arrive. She said we shouldn't be sitting at the table, and I said he were shown to the table by another waitress, and she said that the witness was new!
Anyway, the food is really very good, huge portions at excellent prices. The wine prices are also the lowest I have seen anywhere, and a good selection as well. The homemade Turkish Delight is very nice

1  Thank 247LiveLife
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Booked a table and when we arrived the restaurant was full but our table was reserved! Friendly waiter and good service. Wide variety of food and drinks available but they specialise on Turkish style food. I ordered the trio meat dish - 2 lamb mince patties and 2 lamb cuts and a kebab. The waiter asked me how I would like the meat done and I asked for medium - hoping that because they asked that the chef knows how to prepare the meat. Our friends - longtime customers and our son living in George the last 18 months warned that it is big portions of great food. When the food arrived I can attest to that!! My wife and son each had a mint lamb burger. Our friends had different chicken orders and all looked great and tasted great. Sorry to say my meat was more than well done!!! It did not tasted great at all. I told the waiter to inform the kitchen and she immediately wanted to replace it by I was hungry and did not want to make a scene. Just before we left the waiter came back and brought me the whole meat part of the order - medium done to take with home. This was the come back of the night! The next day after heating the meat I could enjoy how that meal is suppose to taste. Just a shame that the kitchen was not up to standard the first time! In spite of this we would visit this restaurant in the future when in George.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We were two couples who enjoyed a lovely lunch and great excellent service.

Seating was well selected, we could converse properly all the time!