Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ddd

Worst experience....

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 07 Apr 2023
Well other than the arrival this hotel should not be sold. I checked in on good Friday and had spa appointments booked but from the room we could not cope. We wanted to meet with the GM but was told that Bryan was not available due to it being a holidays. With reviews being so bad if it had been me, I would have sure that i was present. Restaurants very bad for dinner, had to travel to Fancourt.

Worst experience ever!!
Date of stay: April 2023
Room Tip: Stay away!!!!!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tripadvisor
R 1 240
11.0 km from Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa
View more hotels in George
All reviews garden route herolds bay stunning views cape town hyatt golf pity premises
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2023 via mobile

Nice overall resort that is trying its best to improve
Which cannot be easy after covid , the golf course looks fantastic ,,this complex covers a huge area and has its own shuttle bus which is free to use , food was ok , staff were always helpful.
Many thanks .

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2023 via mobile

The rooms were awful and dirty. Breakfast room service dishes in the corridor at 6pm at night, carpets and furniture stained, bathroom tiles cracked and bathroom basin cracked. We checked out immediately and were promised a full refund. Struggling to get any information on when this will be done. Do not, I repeat, do not think of this hotel for your stay in George.

Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 20 February 2023

We have stayed there on several occassions and loved it but after spending 3 days trying to book I decided to read the reviews. I'm so pleased I did I had heard that this hotel was not the hotel it used to be and it would appear it isn't. So by not answering my phone calls you did me a favour. Not being able to get through to booking does not bode well for staying there. I can only comment on the service from the reservations dept.

Date of stay: February 2023
Reviewed 17 January 2023 via mobile

I read the reviews here and was worried about our trip so I contacted Brian the General Manager before we arrived. My parents stayed for 19 days and we joined them for 5 nights in the middle of the trip. We have all travelled extensively and can honestly say the staff here went above and beyond to look after us all. They were especially helpful to my Mother who has limited mobility. The rooms on the 3rd floor were great with all the amenities you would expect. The club lounge for breakfast and canapés and pre dinner drinks were a nice touch.
The hotel catered well for different dietary requirements and we’re happy to flex menus as needed. Load shedding was at stage 6 so a bit of a pain for drying hair and having enough light in the restaurants but this is not the hotels fault!
Brian and his team arranged some great local restaurants and we made use of the hotel taxi services so felt safe travelling around at night.
The golf course was both challenging and fun.Post New Year it was quiet so we had “millionaires golf”! Don’t forget any golf gear when you go as the shop has hardly anything for sale.
Overall a great trip made extra special by Brian and his team. Thanks all

Room tip: Boom a room on 3rd floor - more modern
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 15 January 2023

I would like to highlight our reasons for the 1 star rating .
1. The room/ beds are infested with fleas. We could not sleep at all. We woke up the next morning covered in flea bites - the hotel Manager Brian indicated that it cant be possible as they have very busy.
2. The room smelled of very strong mould and they had signs of rising damp in the room And through out the hotel. This is a severe health and safety risk especially when you have a toddler travelling with you.
3. The noise levels of the surrounding guests were excessive to a point that we had to ask them to keep it down.
We have paid R3 600 per night for a sub-standard room that is definitely not 4-star quality. When I booked I requested a discount- which they refused.
I requested a refund for that night as well as the move to a room that is not on the ground floor as the rising damp seem to be a problem for the hotel.
Our new room was very nice - but no robe , when I requested a robe I got charged for it R1000. The robe was brown from
Being old and had holes in.
I got charges R40 for slippers you can only through away , I requested an umbrella to als me from the hotel to the room - they charged me for that 5 min of usage - R200.
These charges weren’t mentioned beforehand, they surprise you with this once you check out.
After we have requested to be moved to a ‘cleaner’ room - We found old food under the bed.
The coffee machine is over due for a filter clean - and when you make yourself a cappuccino- you get sour froth milk - even as requesting fresh milk in the machine.
For breakfast - you have birds flying in the dining area - fresh bird poop next to the food , on the chairs and couches and the birds feasting and pecking on the pastries!
The standard of this hotel is far from 4 star! The rooms are unhygienic and dirty to say the least.
My request for a refund has gone unanswered.
I request a full refund for the 5th of Jan and 50 % refund for the reminder of the stay!
Brian Shing made contact and I dictated that they wil investigate the matter before any refunds can be issued .
It’s been 7days later and no contact from him. He is ignoring my emails and when phoning the hotel it just rings!
The health and safety standards are definitely not being met and is completely unacceptable.

Date of stay: January 2023