“More than just a hotel restaurant”
Review of The Conservatory

The Conservatory
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Conservatory, situated adjacent to the historic Cellars-Hohenort cellar, offers diners unparalleled garden vistas from both the sun-drenched terrace and the indoor tables. Carefully constructed around a giant 300-year-old oak tree, The Conservatory is one of Constantia's finest daily breakfast, lunch and dinner venues. Here the head chef creates hotel classics alongside modern and seasonally influenced dishes. The Conservatory menu places a great emphasis on fresh produce from both The Cellars-Hohenort gardens and local green-friendly suppliers, and this gives it the unique ability to showcase a true taste of the Constantia Valley. Friendly service and an award-winning wine list ensure that The Conservatory offers guests and locals an exceptional everyday dining experience.
Reviewed 23 December 2015

The staff help to make this a special place if you are a local. The ambiance is always relaxed, never stuffy. My home smoked salmon starter was a good choice. Very miniscule but thenI I had ordered the ribeye as a main. If you have a hearty appetite then opt for the cheese soufflé, always a good choice. Take care with your wine choices as this is where the bill can get orgasmic!
Highly recommended, especially for a special occasion. One of our favourites.
Beautiful mountain views on a good day. You may also see the white ducks in the garden, or even find them heading towards the patio area!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

quality coffee and fresh orange juice. Genuine eggs Benedict (fish hollandaise). Quality was top notch.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

It is always good to be able to order ala carte when another large meal sounds like too much. We liked the service too.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

My expectation was high. My experience brought me down
Am seated and handed the menu. I ask Wilkins for the cocktail menu . He so laid back he forgets Delicious fresh bread complimentary. I ask my server for Olive oil. Olive oil does not arrive
I go in search of the manager Jean Pierre a charming young man who seems genuinely shocked at my experience.
My order Duck breast is delivered cold mash potato and some pieces of duck medium rare I prefer well done ( the influence of Hong Kong and China ) I request for the medium rare to be well cooked . Returned to me is a duck breast as dry as a potato crisp.... let's end the sad story
I left with payment not required

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We are no strangers to the Conservatory. We return because we are confident that the menu will please and the service will be impeccable. The location is a delight too. On this occasion, Sunday lunch, we indulged in the roast and the fish and chips. Very satisfying helpings with a variety of trimmings. Our appetites are modest so we forego a dessert and just relax with a coffee which is accompanied by a tasty selection of petit fours.

1  Thank Vyv73