All reviews greenhouse restaurant liz mcgrath relais chateaux cape town high tea beautiful hotel duty manager attention to detail beautiful grounds table mountain breakfast and dinner top class first class south africa marine setting establishment
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 December 2020

We recently held our wedding at Cellars-Hohenort and all I can say is WOW!

I had my heart set on another venue but we went to view Cellars anyway. From the moment I met with Charlene, the events coordinator, I changed my mind on venues.

Charlene was so welcoming, friendly, kind and such a pleasure to deal with. She made the whole planning process - only 3 weeks - a pleasure. I was not stressed once, knowing that I had Charlene on my team. Her communication was excellent, her advice was welcomed and all of the suppliers I worked with couldn't rate her any higher! My mom also adores Charlene!

From the moment I arrived, my experience surpassed 5-star service. I was greeted by every staff member with a kind word, encouragement and congratulations. The wait staff at the restaurant were superb and the food...well the food was extraordinary. Chef Paul went out of his way to cater to a few challenging guests with such ease.

I didn't have a wedding planner, but having Charlene and the Cellars-team around meant that everything was taken care of and I just showed up and had the best time. My wedding was absolutely magical and it wouldn't have been that way without the thoughtful touches and exemplary team.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for making our weekend so special.

Date of stay: November 2020
Sebastian Berinato, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

We at Cellars Hohenort hotel loved having you stay with us .We know you had other choices for your special day and we were you chosen location and hotel. All the management and staff loved looking after you and your party and we all hope that you will spend an anniversary with us in the future.
Until then stay safe and warm regards

Reviewed 22 November 2020

We had the pleasure of staying at The Cellars Hohenort for 3 nights in Nov 2020. From the start we truly felt welcome. The service was above and beyond, 5+ stars. Special thanks to Helenica at reception who helped us with restaurant/spa bookings, suggestions for activities, late checkout, everything! She gave us a great tour of the grounds upon arrival; the rest of the staff were always professional and friendly. The room, bed, welcome bottle of wine, free minibar (1st set), toiletries (Molton Brown), WIFI, cleaning, turn down service, etc were fantastic. The two restaurants onsite were fabulous! The Greenhouse was excellent for a fine dining experience of exquisite local cuisine. The Conservatory was exceptional for an elevated meal, and breakfast here was substantial! The grounds are expansive and beautifully maintained, with several manicured rose gardens, pool areas, and a small vineyard. We won't soon forget our time here and we hope to return!

Date of stay: November 2020

What a stunning review of the Cellars-Hohenort . We loved being able to host you . So glad you enjoyed your stay with us .We cannot wait until your next visit .Until then stay safe and take care.
Warm regards

Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Cellars Hohenort Hotel for 3 nights to celebrate his birthday. It was the most memorable experience, the staff at the Cellars Hohenort Hotel were so hospitable namely Cameron , Michael, Sheila, Prince, Lonwabo, and especially the General Manager Mr Berinato, and even Human Resources welcomed us personally Ms Kholiswa Thank you!! We will be back

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the lovely review of the Cellars-Hohenort hotel and all of the team mentioned by yourself.
It was a great honour to have you and Hubby stay with us and we cannot wait until you visit us again. Until the next time.
Warm regards and stay safe.

Reviewed 6 October 2020

My husband booked us into Cellars-Hohenort this past weekend to celebrate our 28th Anniversary. After this dreadful year - It couldn't have come at a better time and the "surprise" went beyond my expectations. Everything was a total treat. Service was efficient, friendly and attention to details did not go unnoticed. My highlight was the "food experience" we enjoyed for both dinner and breakfast. The Springbok Sirloin was honestly the best food I've had in years and Paul Nash can take a bow. Breakfast was a journey of one delight after the next and its a good thing it eventually came to an end otherwise I'd still be oooohing and aaaahing! Thank for the best Anniversary - The whole Team should take credit!

Room tip: The rooms with access to the gardens on the ground floor are just lovely!
Date of stay: October 2020
Sebastian Berinato, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2020

Thank you for the lovely review . The team at Cellars-Hohenort hotel and I cannot wait for your next visit. Chef was thrilled that you enjoyed the springbok sirloin. So, on your next anniversary we will be waiting .
Once again thank you
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 August 2020

We stayed back in March and had an absolute fabulous time in the Cellars-Hohenort.

From start to finish this hotel/service was top class. The rooms are beautiful, the restaurants are all equally great and the views are astonishing. Every day started off with a wonderful breakfast as well. Location is perfect and gives good opportunities to visit the area.

Can highly recommend the hotel and would love to get back next time we are in Cape Town.

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank Kristof_M
Sebastian Berinato, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2020

Thank you so much for the stunning review . The team and I at Cellars-Hohenort hotel look forward to welcoming you back.
We hope that during this pandemic you stay safe.
Warm regards