The Cellars-Hohenort
US$297
US$161
Caxton Manor(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$64
Ikhaya Safari Lodge(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$155
Nova Constantia Boutique Residence(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$152
Agoda.com
Constantia White Lodge(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$215
Agoda.com
Paradiso Guesthouse & Self Catering Cottage(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$75
Dongola Guest House(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$87
Agoda.com
Summit Place Guesthouse(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$105
All reviewsgreenhouse restaurantliz mcgrathrelais chateauxupgraded to a suitemartini barcape townfine diningold treestasting menuhigh teaslopes of table mountainthis wonderful hotelaward winninglow carbstunning gardensattention to detailworld class
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We really spent a very good time there, people are so nice, and pay attention to details. The rooms are good, the service is great the food is very good. We loved it, we enjoyed the fact that it was not for from Cape Town but very quiet in the middle of the nature. The common area are very beautiful. The hotel is well situated we were able to go to the cape of good hope, boulders beach and visit many things, doing some good wine tasting without any need to rush. In my opinion the best option if you don t want to be in Cape Town and if you re looking to be in a quiet place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Julien V

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hotel, it is indeed a superb place to be and within an easy 10 min drive to the City center. I am delighted you visited the many top class wine farms in the area and enjoyed our beautiful surroundings

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The house is amazing. I love the architecture and the gardens. the room was spacious and beautifully decorated. the location is handy. The restaurant was exceptional. I loved it and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Anita866

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found everything to your liking

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stayed for four nights with our two children in August, and are so glad we chose this property over one in the V&A waterfront, which has become over developed and too commercial. The service is excellent, and our rooms, 27 and 29, were basic double rooms, but extremely comfortable. The property is really stunning, with acres of manicured gardens that are well maintained. The food is very good starting with the breakfast in the conservatory. They have numerous choices, including many healthy choices. I read about slow service, but we never experienced that for a minute. In fact, on our last day, we had 30 minutes to eat lunch, and they went out of their way to accommodate us with a quick lunch on the terrace of the Conservatory. We also tried the Greenhouse, which is a gastronomic restaurant. Very good. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and seemed genuinely friendly. The driver service, though a bit expensive, was really comfortable and convenient. One tiny complaint is lack of a basic fitness room, but they shuttle you down to a Virgin Active Club a few minutes away, which is great. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend. We have stayed at Ellerman House as well, and this has similar comfortable small hotel feel.

Stayed: August 2017
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear UWSFoodFan

Many thanks for your wonderful review of our Hotel, I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and very pleased that you enjoyed the fabulous food on offer at both The Conservatory and our specialty restaurant, Greenhouse. I am happy too that you got to make use of our free shuttle & free access to the Virgin Active gym which is very close by and you enjoyed our spectacular gardens and service.

Much appreciated

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

If you are tired of big standardised hotels this is a great option. My second stay here, great service, super friendly staff and just enjoyable to stay here. Cuisine in the hotel itself is very good and another restaurant on the premises is an alternative.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear AchimKlennert

Many thanks for your kind words & sharing your experience, I am delighted that you found that our staff were friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your meals in our restaurants.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Having booked for afternoon tea we decided to arrive a little earlier and have a cocktail on the terrace first. We were shown to a table overlooking the lovely garden but unfortunately the table and chairs were wrought iron and in the lovely Cape sunshine too hot to lean back in. Also paint was flaking off the furniture and stuck to you! A little maintenance required or preferably change to more suitable outside furniture.
Anyway we asked for the cocktail list but were disappointed that it was much shorter than we'd viewed on their website. However we made our selection. After a while the waitress returned to say there would be a short delay as their ice machine had broken and the manager had gone out to buy ice. This delay turned into 45 mins during which the waitress apologised several times but didn't offer us anything else. Eventually the cocktails arrived but without any ice cubes or crushed ice in the glasses, just a slightly chilled drink. Very disappointing.
However it was soon time to go into the lounge for our afternoon tea where things rapidly improved. We chose the low carb high tea which may sound a little too healthy but was, in fact, absolutely delicious. It was so nice to have some savoury items, broccoli red pepper and goats cheese tarts and beef and peppadew sosoaties. Dark chocolate and beetroot cupcakes followed by pavlova and fantastic scones with sugar free jam and whipped cream cheese. A wide selection of teas and coffees to choose from and our teapot was regularly refilled for us.
All this for R225 per person, approximately £14.
If we hadn't had the debacle with the ice at the start for which we were sadly not offered any recompense, this visit would have got a 5 star rating from me. But I still rate the afternoon tea as one of the best I've ever had and will probably go again on my next visit to Cape Town. But I'll probably pass on the cocktails next time!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear 336Linda

Many thanks for your review, we appreciate the constructive feedback and I would like to apologize about the ice issue that you had. It could have been handled more effectively than what you experienced

I have noted though that this happened in February of this year and I can assure that any issues that we had with our machinery has been rectified.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our High Tea and had a wonderful afternoon despite this, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon