We stayed for four nights with our two children in August, and are so glad we chose this property over one in the V&A waterfront, which has become over developed and too commercial. The service is excellent, and our rooms, 27 and 29, were basic double rooms, but extremely comfortable. The property is really stunning, with acres of manicured gardens that are well maintained. The food is very good starting with the breakfast in the conservatory. They have numerous choices, including many healthy choices. I read about slow service, but we never experienced that for a minute. In fact, on our last day, we had 30 minutes to eat lunch, and they went out of their way to accommodate us with a quick lunch on the terrace of the Conservatory. We also tried the Greenhouse, which is a gastronomic restaurant. Very good. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and seemed genuinely friendly. The driver service, though a bit expensive, was really comfortable and convenient. One tiny complaint is lack of a basic fitness room, but they shuttle you down to a Virgin Active Club a few minutes away, which is great. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend. We have stayed at Ellerman House as well, and this has similar comfortable small hotel feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cape Town's historical Constantia Valley, on the breathtaking slopes of Table Mountain, all the rooms and suites of The Cellars-Hohenort boast panoramic views of the impressive mountain and the beautiful grounds. Set in 9.5 acres of world renowned and award winning gardens, this historic and beautiful country escape in the city offers guests far more than just incomparable scenery. Surrounded by top wine producing farms and some of South Africa's most popular restaurants,you will find so much to do and a mere fifteen minute drive to Cape Town City center & Waterfront. Back at the hotel there are two award-winning dining experiences, including Greenhouse, where cuisine focuses on regional flavors with modern interpretations. All of this is the result of owner Liz McGrath's more than twenty years of hard work, love and endless inspiration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cellars-Hohenort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cellars-Hohenort Hotel Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Hotel Constantia