All reviews greenhouse restaurant liz mcgrath relais chateaux upgraded to a suite cape town wellness spa fine dining old trees tasting menu slopes of table mountain high tea this wonderful hotel award winning low carb stunning gardens attention to detail luxury hotel
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We arrived for the last two nights of a busy tour and were delighted to find such a wonderful hotel. We had extended our trip to include an extra three nights to have a rest and this is certainly the place to do that. The bedroom was everything we needed with attendance to all our requirements. We have stayed at some of the best hotels in the World but this took some beating for the wonderful staff, lovely gardens and great food. The hotel overlooks a vineyard.

Stayed: April 2017
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Di B

What a fabulous review - high praise indeed! I am pleased we are exceeding your expectations and that you are enjoying your stay so much that you have extended - I will pass on these magnificent compliments to the team

My very best wishes to you

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 days and although we did not have the largest room (there are bigger ones than room 47), we had a wonderful stay here. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, at the end of the day a turn down service with a bottle of water and fresh towels if needed, breakfast is lovely, a large bar area to relax, do some work or enjoy a high tea. The gardens are lovely too and you can't get enough of the view. Only minus: the wifi is not very strong and the ventilator above the restaurant can be a bit noisy if your room is there (solution: turn on your airco and you won't hear it anymore).

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear 956elskev

Many thanks for your wonderful review, I am delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and I will convey that to the team, they will love it! I am truly pleased that you enjoyed all our facilities on offer and I will be sure to check on the ventilator as mentioned

Best wishes

Reviewed 6 April 2017

A delightful 4 night stay. in charming gable room, Pure luxurious comfort and attention to detail.Friendly and unassuming staff ever at the ready to assist. A lovely peaceful setting in the Courtyard Restaurant for Breakfast and Dinner.Room facilities excellent. Magnificent grounds and a lovely view.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have a lift in the main buildings. Higher floors have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Ruth E

Many thanks for your wonderful review. I am absolutely delighted that you had a marvellous experience and that you enjoyed our room facilities, restaurants and grounds. I am so pleased too that our staff took good care of you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We had a lovely lunch here in a lovely courtyard. The menu was interesting and varied and and the food and wine was very pleasant. However, the setting is not disabled friendly which made it difficult for us. A few more ramps would make all the difference!

Stayed: February 2017
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Margaret1917

Many thanks for your wonderful review of your lunch at the Hotel. We have disabled parking at the entrance to the Hotel with a wheelchair ramp to reception and another wheelchair access to the restaurant. Admittedly one cannot get access to the entire estate as the garden paths can be rather difficult to negotiate.

I am interested to discuss the troubles that you had with your access, please email me on gm@cellars-hohenort.co.za

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We were very exited to go here and were not let down. We were greeted by an alive and friendly staff. They are quick with a smile and clearly love what they are doing. Surroundings speaks for itself - very charming and well taken care off, you feel you are in another world. Lots of places to relax, in the sun or in the shadows. The rooms are old style with a modern bathroom, we had a terasse (big) with a stunning view. There are two restaurants, one world class Gourmet 10 course high end which was fantastic and a "normal" restaurant with really good value meal.
They have complementary service, especially the transport to Constantia village or Cape Town makes sense. Definetly a place I will come back to.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
DominicPrendegast, General Manager at The Cellars-Hohenort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Torben K

Many thanks for your fabulous feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to relax in our beautiful gardens. I am so pleased to hear that the staff took care of you and you got to enjoy both Greenhouse and The Conservatory restaurants.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards